Triple Bottom Line Accounting Competition
The summary for the Triple Bottom Line Accounting Competition grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Economic Development Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Triple Bottom Line Accounting Competition: As noted above, EDA's mission is to lead the federal economic development agenda by promoting innovation and competitiveness, preparing American regions for growth and success in the worldwide economy. Pursuant to its Research and Evaluation program, EDA seeks applications to research, develop, and disseminate metrics to enable policymakers and practitioners to more effectively understand how to assess the triple bottom line (economic, environmental, and social impacts) of various economic development activities. EDA makes grant investments that support and foster economic development in distressed regions. Currently, EDA's primary measure for assessing potential investments focuses on economic outcomes (e.g., the amount of private investment leveraged and the number of jobs created and retained). For reporting to stakeholders, EDA employs forecasts of these performance measures in its competitive grant selection process and post-award administration. EDA seeks to broaden its perspective using a more comprehensive, triple bottom line, approach. The study is intended to provide the tools to implement this approach. EDA solicits competitive applications from organizations or consortia that will build on the existing body of research and experience related to the triple bottom line concept to identify, develop, and disseminate appropriate metrics for practitioners and policymakers to utilize to assess the broad array of impacts that economic development efforts have in their regions. EDA solicits applications from qualified researchers to accomplish the project tasks and scope of work described in the FFO announcement. A link to the FFO is provided below under "Full Announcement Link."
|Federal Grant Title:||Triple Bottom Line Accounting Competition|
|Federal Agency Name:||Economic Development Administration|
|Grant Categories:||Other Regional Development|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||EDA07012010TBL|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Research and Evaluation Program|
|Current Application Deadline:||Aug 13, 2010 To be|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 13, 2010 To be|
|Posted Date:||Jul 01, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Jul 01, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Oct 15, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Category Explanation
- The Economic Development Administration's (EDA's) mission is to lead the federal economic development agenda by promoting innovation and competitiveness, preparing American regions for growth and success in the worldwide economy. Through its Research and Evaluation program, EDA works towards fulfilling its mission by funding research and technical assistance projects to promote competitiveness and innovation in distressed rural and urban regions throughout the United States and its territories. By working in conjunction with its research partners, EDA will help States, local governments, and community-based organizations to achieve their highest economic potential.
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Pursuant to EDA's authorizing statute, the Public Works and Economic Development Act of 1965 (PWEDA), eligible applicants for and recipients of EDA investment assistance include a District Organization; an Indian Tribe or a consortium of Indian Tribes; a State; a city or other political subdivision of a State, including a special purpose unit of a State or local government engaged in economic or infrastructure development activities, or a consortium of political subdivisions; an institution of higher education or a consortium of institutions of higher education; and a public or private non-profit organization or association.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Hillary Sherman-Zelenka
- Similar Government Grants
- • FDI and Trade: International Engagement Ready Communities
- • FY 2011 FDI and Exports Best Practices Project
- • Innovative Metrics for Economic Development - Proof of Concept Study
- • Integrating Economic Development Across the Federal Government
- • Accelerating Industry-Led Regional Partnerships for Talent Development
- • Regional Innovation Systems Research Project
- • EDD and CEDS Evaluation Research Project
- • Opportunity EDA05192010CLUSTERMAPPINGRESEARCH
- More Grants from the Economic Development Administration
- • 2023 STEM Talent Challenge
- • FY 2023 EDA Public Works and Economic Adjustment Assistance Programs
- • FY 2021 American Rescue Plan Act Indigenous Communities Notice of Funding Opportunity
- • FY 2021 American Rescue Plan Act Travel, Tourism, and Outdoor Recreation Notice of Funding...
- • FY 2021 American Rescue Plan Act Economic Adjustment Assistance Notice of Funding Opportun...