U.S. Embassy Grants Program
The summary for the U.S. Embassy Grants Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of European and Eurasian Affairs, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
U.S. Embassy Grants Program: The U.S. Embassy in Ankara announces its country-wide Grants Program. Funding is available to support projects that address one or more of the following key bilateral themes: Support Shared Security: Projects for consideration in this category could/should support and advance cooperation between the United States and Turkey in bilateral counter terrorism efforts and transnational crime as well as in NATO and other multilateral security organizations. Strengthen Economic Prosperity - Promoting Innovation and Fostering Entrepreneurship: Depending on the level of entrepreneurial opportunity and ability in the targeted region(s) for the activity, proposals here could include trainings to introduce the concept and principles of entrepreneurship, promote networking and mentorship opportunities,provide small-and-medium enterprise (SME) development planning, teach marketing and outreach techniques, foster research and development/innovation, etc. Reinforce Democratic Values - Media: Proposals should support journalists and/or citizen journalists through trainings or activities to bolster media literacy, investigative journalism, social media/internet publishing, research and fact checking, documentary filmmaking,visual or other storytelling. Reinforce Democratic Values - Freedom of Expression and Public Discourse: Proposals should focus on activities to encourage cultural and arts projects promoting public discourse and freedom of opinion,such as through innovative forms of creative expression, reaching and teaching underserved audiences (e.g., ethnic or religious minorities, LGBT, youth or women – or promoting awareness of their issues), encouraging respect of cultural and social diversity, pluralism and equity in cultural life and policy. Foster Turkish and U.S. Ties: Proposals for programs developing American Studies, English language teaching/learning,STE(A)M education among Turkish youth and which encourage study in the United States will be considered under this category.
|Federal Grant Title:||U.S. Embassy Grants Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of European and Eurasian Affairs (DOS-EUR)|
|Grant Categories:||Arts (see "Cultural Affairs" in CFDA), Business and Commerce, Community Development, Education, Humanities (see "Cultural Affairs" in CFDA), Other (see text field entitled "Explanation of Other Category of Funding Activity" for clarification), Science and Technology and other Research and Development|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||ANK-NOFO-FY20-01|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||January 21st, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||January 21st, 2020|
|Posted Date:||November 7th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||November 7th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||February 20th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$80,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$5,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||November 6th, 2019|
- Category Explanation
- Security, Media, Freedom of Expression and Public Discourse
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Individuals
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
Due to the heavy workload, we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.
Please submit your questions to GrantsTurkey@state.gov before 17:00 on December 13, 2019.
- Similar Government Grants
- • U.S. Embassy Yaoundé PAS Annual Program Statement
- • Qatari Audience Analysis
- • Academy for Women Entrepreneurs - AWE
- • Youth Outreach for Bicentennial of U.S. Legation in Tangier
- • U.S.-ROK Alliance: Virtual speaker series and In-person Study Tour to U.S. Indo-Pacific Co...
- • DanceMotion USA Organizer in Kinshasa
- • U.S. Embassy Mali Public Affairs Section Annual Program Statement
- • Statement of Interest - Trafficking in Persons
- More Grants from the Bureau of European and Eurasian Affairs
- • Arctic Education Alliance: Building Capacity Through University Linkages between the Unite...
- • U.S. EMBASSY GRANTS PROGRAM
- • U.S. Embassy Ankara, Grants Program
- • U.S. Embassy Ankara, Public Affairs Grant Program
- • U.S. Embassy Ankara Grants Program