U.S. Embassy Praia Public Affairs Annual Program Statement
The summary for the U.S. Embassy Praia Public Affairs Annual Program Statement grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the US Mission to Cape Verde, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
U.S. Embassy Praia Public Affairs Annual Program Statement: The U.S. Embassy Praia Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Department of State announces a Request for Statements of Interest (RSOI) from organizations interested in applying for funding for program proposals that strengthen cultural ties between the U.S. and Cabo Verde through cultural and exchange programming that highlights shared values and promotes bilateral cooperation. PAS invites organizations interested in potential funding to submit SOI applications outlining program concepts that reflect this goal. Please carefully follow all instructions below. The submission of a SOI is the first step in a two-part process. Applicants must first submit a SOI, which is a concise 2-3-page concept note designed to clearly communicate a program idea and its objectives before the development of a full proposal application. The purpose of the SOI process is to allow applicants the opportunity to submit program ideas for PAS to evaluate prior to requiring the development of full proposal applications. Upon review of eligible SOIs, PAS will invite selected applicants to expand their ideas into full proposal applications. Purpose: PAS Praia invites SOIs for programs that strengthen cultural ties between the U.S. and Cabo Verde through cultural and exchange programming that highlights shared values and promotes bilateral cooperation. All programs must include an American cultural element, or connection with American expert/s, organization/s, or institution/s in a specific field that will promote increased understanding of U.S. policy and perspectives. Examples of PAS Small Grants Program projects include, but are not limited to: · Academic and professional lectures, seminars, and speaker programs; · Artistic and cultural workshops, joint performances, and exhibitions; · Cultural heritage conservation and preservation programs; · Professional and academic exchanges. · Municipal and regional libraries that are interested in becoming an American Space; · Programs developed by an alumnus/a of a U.S. sponsored or supported educational or professional exchange program; · Programs that support Americans studying in Cabo Verde and; · Programs that strengthen U.S. college and university relationships with local higher education institutions, American Chambers of Commerce (AmChams), businesses, and/or regional organizations. Priority Program Areas: · English Language Learning; · Entrepreneurship and Economic Development, with priority given to projects that seek to increase U.S. Businesses' trade and investment with Cabo Verde; · Partnerships between U.S. and Cabo Verde institutions committed to education, academic research, and cross-cultural academic exchanges; and · Strengthen democratic values, specifically social inclusion, transparency, freedom of expression, and freedom of the press.
|Federal Grant Title:||U.S. Embassy Praia Public Affairs Annual Program Statement|
|Federal Agency Name:||US Mission to Cape Verde (DOS-CPV)|
|Grant Categories:||Other (see text field entitled "Explanation of Other Category of Funding Activity" for clarification)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||AFPRA-21-01|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||July 1st, 2021|
|Original Application Deadline:||July 1st, 2021|
|Posted Date:||October 15th, 2020|
|Creation Date:||October 15th, 2020|
|Archive Date:||July 31st, 2021|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$250,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$5,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||10|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||October 15th, 2020|
- Category Explanation
- Public Diplomacy
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- The Public Affairs Section encourages applications from United States and Cabo Verdean: • Registered not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/non-governmental organizations with programming experience • Individuals • Non-profit or governmental educational institutions • Governmental institutions For-profit or commercial entities are not eligible to apply.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- U.S. Mission Cabo Verde Public Affairs Grants Team
- Similar Government Grants
- • U.S. Embassy and Consulate in Ecuador - Public Affairs Section -Notice of Funding Opportun...
- • Established Opinion Leaders Press Events
- • In Country Press Tour for Emerging Journalists
- • Support To The Network Of American Space
- • Reconciling the Past: The Power of Art to Heal
- • DanceMotion USA Organizer in Kinshasa
- • U.S. Embassy Mali Public Affairs Section Annual Program Statement
- • Statement of Interest - Trafficking in Persons
- More Grants from the US Mission to Cape Verde
- • Design and Implementation of the English Access Microscholarship Programs on the island of...
- • U.S. Embassy Praia - Empowering Women in Cabo Verde
- • Supporting a Professionalized Press Corps in Cabo Verde
- • Increasing Entrepreneurship amongst Cabo Verdean Artists through Virtual Concert Series Kr...
- • U.S. Embassy PRAIA PAS Annual Program Statement