Visual Resource Inventory
The summary for the Visual Resource Inventory grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Visual Resource Inventory: A visual resource inventory process provides BLM managers with a means for determining visual values. This inventory consists of a scenic quality evaluation, sensitivity level analysis, and a delineation of distance zones. Based on these three factors, BLM-administered lands are placed into one of four visual resource inventory classes. These inventory classes represent the relative value of the visual resources. This inventory data is then used during the resource management planning processes in order to explain the existing visual resource as well as quantify visual impact analysis. The proposed project provides an exceptional learning experience for a student to develop GIS products and calculations from data collected in the visual resource inventory process. Information collected and processed will go through a peer review process to validate the methods used and end product.
|Federal Grant Title:||Visual Resource Inventory|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-WY07-9010|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Recreation Resource Management|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 21, 2007|
|Posted Date:||Apr 24, 2007|
|Creation Date:||Apr 24, 2007|
|Archive Date:||Jun 20, 2007|
|Total Program Funding:||$43,657|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$21,764|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$9,081|
|Expected Number of Awards:||3|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Ilze Karklins-Powers
Grants & Agreements Specialist
Phone 307-775-6293 Ilze_Karklins-Powers@blm.gov Administrative Contact
- Similar Government Grants
- • BLM Wyoming Recreation and Visitors Services
- • Montana/Dakotas Recreation and Visitors Services
- • BLM-CO Expanding Recreational Opportunities on Colorado's Public Lands
- • Nevada Recreation and Visitors Services
- • FY2020 BLM WO Recreation and Visitor Services Funding Opportunity Announcement
- • Henderson Trailhead Parking Lot Expansion
- • Outdoor Information Center
- • Ridge to Rivers
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM-CO Youth Conservation Opportunities on Public Lands
- • BLM-CO Abandoned Mine Lands Reclamation Project - San Luis Valley Field Office
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...