WWB African Elephant Conservation Fund FY13
The summary for the WWB African Elephant Conservation Fund FY13 grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Fish and Wildlife Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
WWB African Elephant Conservation Fund FY13: The African Elephant Conservation Fund is soliciting project proposals for the conservation of the African elephant (Loxodonta africana) throughout its range. In 1988 Congress passed the African Elephant Conservation Act in response to the alarming decline of African elephant populations. The Act provides for the establishment of an African Elephant Conservation Fund to provide financial assistance to support projects that will enhance sustainable conservation programs to ensure effective, long-term conservation of African elephants.The African Elephant Conservation Fund supports projects that promote conservation through:- Enhanced protection of at-risk elephant populations;- Efforts to decrease human-elephant conflict;- Habitat conservation and management;- Protected area/reserve management in important elephant range;- Strengthening local capacity to implement conservation programs;- Transfrontier elephant conservation;- Wildlife inspection, law enforcement, and forensics skills;- Conservation education and community outreach;- Applied research on elephant populations and their habitat, including surveys and monitoring;- Development and execution of elephant conservation management plans;- Compliance with applicable treaties and laws that prohibit or regulate the taking or trade of elephants or regulate the use and management of elephant habitat.Proposed project work should occur within the range of the African elephant, or, if work is to be conducted outside of the range, the proposal should show a clear relevance to African elephant conservation.
|Federal Grant Title:||WWB African Elephant Conservation Fund FY13|
|Federal Agency Name:||Fish and Wildlife Service|
|Grant Categories:||Community Development Education Environment Natural Resources Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||F12AS00424|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||African Elephant Conservation Fund|
|Current Application Deadline:||Dec 01, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||Dec 01, 2012|
|Posted Date:||September 14th, 2012|
|Creation Date:||Oct 01, 2012|
|Archive Date:||Dec 31, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,700,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$300,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$20,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||24|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Any government agency responsible for the conservation and protection of African elephant or any other organization, multi-national secretariat, or individual with demonstrated experience in African elephant conservation may submit proposals to this Fund. U.S. non-profit, non-governmental organizations must submit documentary evidence of their Section 501(c)(3) non-profit status.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Derek Litchfield International Affairs Specialist Phone 703-358-2634 firstname.lastname@example.org [email@example.com]
- Similar Government Grants
- • African Elephant Conservation Fund
- • African Elephant Conservation Fund - Wildlife Without Borders
- • African Elephant Conservation Program
- • Opportunity AFECF2011
- More Grants from the Fish and Wildlife Service
- • Arctic Goose Joint Venture Notice of Funding Opportunity – Fiscal Year 2020
- • FY21 Neotropical Migratory Bird Conservation Act Grants
- • NAWCA FY21 U.S. Small Grants
- • Implementation of the Quagga and Zebra Mussel Action Plan (QZAP) in the Western United Sta...
- • FY 2021 Clean Vessel Act (CVA)