Wafwa Sage-Grouse Conservation
The summary for the Wafwa Sage-Grouse Conservation grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Fish and Wildlife Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Wafwa Sage-Grouse Conservation: The US Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS) is awarding a single, sole source grant to WAFWA for assistance in conservation efforts for the greater sage-grouse. The greater sage-grouse is currently managed by State wildlife agency members of WAFWA, and has been for over 100 years. WAFWA agencies are the primary entity responsible for the management of sage-grouse and their habitats, and for coordinating with other agencies and private interests when necessary/important. WAFWA is also actively involved in directing, and in most cases, conducting greater sage-grouse and sagebrush research to better manage the species and potential threats. Additionally, WAFWA has coordinated the local working group efforts for sage-grouse conservation in each state within the species range. Biologists from the WAFWA member states are the species experts, as is evidenced with the publication of the 2004 "Conservation Assessment of Greater Sage-grouse and Sagebrush Habitats" and the 2006 "Greater Sage-grouse Comprehensive Conservation Strategy". Both of these publications were the result of a 2002 Cooperative Agreement between the Service and WAFWA. Since publication of the 2004 document significant new information regarding impact of various activities on this species and its habitats has emerged. This grant will be for a period of 5 years. Additional funding may be added throughout the life of the agreement subject to availability of funds and appropriations. For information on sub-grant opportunities, please contact WAFWA,703-358-2237. No other applications will be considered by FWS.
|Federal Grant Title:||Wafwa Sage-Grouse Conservation|
|Federal Agency Name:||Fish and Wildlife Service|
|Grant Categories:||Environment Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||FWS-R6-WAFWA-SAGE-GROUSE|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Not Elsewhere Classified|
|Current Application Deadline:||Aug 08, 2008|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 08, 2008|
|Posted Date:||Aug 03, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Aug 03, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Sep 07, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- This is for a Single,Sole Source award to the Western Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies (WAFWA). No other applications will be considered.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Carol Beatty Financial Assistance Officer Phone 303-236-4320
For further information [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • CreateAdobeSYN
- • TEST-OPPORTUNITY
- • IVV S2S Testing - Do not submit
- • IVV S2S Testing - Do Not Submit!
- • Opportunity Notice for Partners to Assist NETL in Adapting CCSI Tool Set
- More Grants from the Fish and Wildlife Service
- • Arctic Goose Joint Venture Notice of Funding Opportunity – Fiscal Year 2020
- • FY21 Neotropical Migratory Bird Conservation Act Grants
- • NAWCA FY21 U.S. Small Grants
- • Implementation of the Quagga and Zebra Mussel Action Plan (QZAP) in the Western United Sta...
- • FY 2021 Clean Vessel Act (CVA)