Webless Migratory Game Bird Program RFP
The summary for the Webless Migratory Game Bird Program RFP grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Fish and Wildlife Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Webless Migratory Game Bird Program RFP: This announcement serves as a Request for Proposals for the Webless Migratory Game Bird Research and Management Program (WMGBRMP) for Fiscal Year 2011 (starting October 1, 2010). The primary purpose of the WMGBP is to support activities that will improve management of the 16 species of migratory shore and upland game birds (MSUGBs, Table 1) in North America. The Migratory Shore and Upland Game Bird Support Task Force, organized through the Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies, developed a set of priority information needs by convening a series of workshops. The workshops included broad representation (i.e., federal and state agencies, conservation organizations, and university researchers) familiar with the research and management needs for these species. Priorities identified at the workshops (see Appendix A for a list of priorities) should be used to guide proposal development and will be used by the review committee to select projects that address these priority information needs. Full descriptions of priorities are available on-line at or by contacting the program manager listed in Section IV. The US Fish and Wildlife Service will oversee the WMGBP including administration of grants, purchase orders, and contracts for projects.
|Federal Grant Title:||Webless Migratory Game Bird Program RFP|
|Federal Agency Name:||Fish and Wildlife Service|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||FWS-WMGBP-RFP-FY2011|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Migratory Bird Monitoring, Assessment and Conservation|
|Current Application Deadline:||Nov 01, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Nov 01, 2010|
|Posted Date:||May 17, 2010|
|Creation Date:||May 14, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Dec 01, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,300,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$250,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||8|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Thomas Cooper Wildlife Biologist Phone 612-713-5338
- Similar Government Grants
- • Pacific Brant mid-winter ground survey in Mexico
- • Migratory Bird Monitoring, Assessment and Conservation
- • Outreach and Communication for Migratory Bird Conservation in the Yukon-Kuskokwim Delta, A...
- • Western Canada Cooperative Banding Program
- • Migratory Bird Project Support: Monitoring, Assessment, Conservation
- • Migratory Bird Project Support: Monitoring, Assessment, Conservation of Red Knots
- More Grants from the Fish and Wildlife Service
- • Arctic Goose Joint Venture Notice of Funding Opportunity – Fiscal Year 2020
- • FY21 Neotropical Migratory Bird Conservation Act Grants
- • NAWCA FY21 U.S. Small Grants
- • Implementation of the Quagga and Zebra Mussel Action Plan (QZAP) in the Western United Sta...
- • FY 2021 Clean Vessel Act (CVA)