Western Hemisphere Migratory Species Initiative
The summary for the Western Hemisphere Migratory Species Initiative grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Fish and Wildlife Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Western Hemisphere Migratory Species Initiative: The Western Hemisphere Migratory Species Initiative (WHMSI) seeks to contribute significantly to the conservation of the migratory species of the Western Hemisphere by strengthening communication and cooperation among nations, international conventions and civil society, and by expanding constituencies and political support. All entities that support the vision, mission and objectives of this initiative are invited to be partners in its implementation. The Initiative aims to strengthen political commitment, cooperation, and public-private partnerships at regional, national, and local levels. In order to keep this geographically and culturally diverse group of stakeholders engaged in WHMSI's development and activities, WHMSI.net needs to offer a technologically current, easy-to-use clearinghouse of information about the Initiative's mission, structure, accomplishments, and goals; post updates on migratory species-related news and events; and provide the tools to communicate with participants between WHMSI conferences. Rainforest Alliance will continue to promote the mission, goals, and accomplishments of the Western Hemisphere Migratory Species Initiative to stakeholders in government agencies and non-governmental conservation organizations and build capacity by providing high-quality, regularly updated, bilingual communications tools.
|Federal Grant Title:||Western Hemisphere Migratory Species Initiative|
|Federal Agency Name:||Fish and Wildlife Service|
|Grant Categories:||Environment Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||F12AS00094|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Service Training and Technical Assistance (Generic Training)|
|Current Application Deadline:||Mar 21, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 21, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Mar 07, 2012|
|Creation Date:||Mar 07, 2012|
|Archive Date:||Apr 07, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:||$36,976|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$36,976|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$36,976|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- There is no application process for this grant. This is a notice of intent to award a grant to Rainforest Alliance as a single source award authorized under 505 DM 2. The only eligible recipient of these funds is Rainforest Alliance.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIKOLE TUCKER, 703-358-2379 email@example.com
- Similar Government Grants
- • Service Training and Technical Assistance
- • Diversity Joint Venture
- • Wild about Nature: Connecting People with Nature
- • Service Training and Technical Assistance (Generic Training)
- • Land Trust Alliance Education Grant
- • Opportunity FWS-08-RO-649-001
- • Opportunity FWS-08-CGSRE-001
- • Fish and Wildlife Service, CESU Sole-Source Task Agreements under 505 DM 2.14 (4) - Unique...
- More Grants from the Fish and Wildlife Service
- • Arctic Goose Joint Venture Notice of Funding Opportunity – Fiscal Year 2020
- • FY21 Neotropical Migratory Bird Conservation Act Grants
- • NAWCA FY21 U.S. Small Grants
- • Implementation of the Quagga and Zebra Mussel Action Plan (QZAP) in the Western United Sta...
- • FY 2021 Clean Vessel Act (CVA)