Wisconsin DNR Wildlife Intern Sponsorship
The summary for the Wisconsin DNR Wildlife Intern Sponsorship grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Fish and Wildlife Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Wisconsin DNR Wildlife Intern Sponsorship: The funding for this opportunity through WDNR will provide a needed partnership to meet the demands of the Department's initiatives.
|Federal Grant Title:||Wisconsin DNR Wildlife Intern Sponsorship|
|Federal Agency Name:||Fish and Wildlife Service|
|Type of Opportunity:||Other|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||FWS-NCTC-2010-6|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Service Training and Technical Assistance (Generic Training)|
|Current Application Deadline:||Apr 30, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Apr 23, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Apr 09, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Apr 09, 2010|
|Archive Date:||May 01, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$72,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$72,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- The USFWS is not seeking applications. The USFWS plans to award this grant agreement under the Department Manual 505-2, using 2.14B(1) to justify a single source award - to the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (WDNR). 2.14B(1) Unsolicited Proposal - the proposal award is the result of an unsolicited assistance application which represents a unique or innovative idea, method, or approach which is not the subject of a current or planned contract or assistance award but which is deemed advantageous to the program objectives. WDNR has opportunities for summer internships in wildlife and forestry research, wildlife management and endangered resources work. WDNR's work with federal agencies such as the US Fish and Wildlife Service, the US Geological Society and the US Department of Agriculture's Forest Service will provide the interns with varied experiences from both the state and federal perspectives. The interns would work through the summer and then attend The Wildlife Society's annual conference in the fall where they will meet wildlife professionals from across the country and attend mentoring workshops to develop professional networks and explore additional natural resource career options. WDNR's efforts are in alignment with the Youth in Natural Resource Careers initiative need for programs that encourage and develop young people with the appropriate skill sets and interests to become conservation professionals.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Georgia Jeppesen Branch Chief, Program Support Phone 304-876-7388
- Similar Government Grants
- • Service Training and Technical Assistance
- • Diversity Joint Venture
- • Wild about Nature: Connecting People with Nature
- • Service Training and Technical Assistance (Generic Training)
- • Land Trust Alliance Education Grant
- • Opportunity FWS-08-RO-649-001
- • Opportunity FWS-08-CGSRE-001
- • Fish and Wildlife Service, CESU Sole-Source Task Agreements under 505 DM 2.14 (4) - Unique...
- More Grants from the Fish and Wildlife Service
- • F23AS00319 FY2023 Implementation of the Quagga and Zebra Mussel Action Plan (QZAP) in the ...
- • F23AS00330 White-nose Syndrome Grants to States and Tribes - 2023
- • F23AS00329 Fisheries Restoration and Irrigation Mitigation Act Fiscal Year 2023
- • F23AS00303 Science in the Service Internship Funding Opportunity
- • F23AS00307 Aquatic Invasive Grass Research