Women and Minorities in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Fields Program (WAMS)
The summary for the Women and Minorities in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Fields Program (WAMS) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Women and Minorities in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Fields Program (WAMS): This program supports research and extension projects that have robust collaborations to increase the participation of women and underrepresented minorities from rural areas in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics fields that are relevant to USDA priorities identified by the Secretary: (i) Promotion of a safe, sufficient, and nutritious food supply for all Americans and for people around the world; (ii) Sustainable agricultural policies that foster economic viability for small and mid-sized farms and rural businesses, protect natural resources, and promote value-added agriculture; (iii) national leadership in climate change mitigation and adaptation; (iv) Building a modern workplace with a modern workforce; and (v) Support for 21st century rural communities.
|Federal Grant Title:||Women and Minorities in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Fields Program (WAMS)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institute of Food and Agriculture|
|Grant Categories:||Agriculture Business and Commerce Community Development Education Employment Labor and Training Environment Natural Resources Regional Development Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||USDA-NIFA-WAMS-004491|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Women and Minorities in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Fields|
|Current Application Deadline:||Apr 28, 2014|
|Original Application Deadline:||Apr 28, 2014|
|Posted Date:||Mar 4, 2014|
|Creation Date:||Mar 4, 2014|
|Archive Date:||May 28, 2014|
|Total Program Funding:||$400,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$300,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- As contained in Section 7204 of the Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008 (FCEA) (Pub. L. 110-246 which amends Section 1672 of the Food, Agriculture, Conservation, and Trade Act of 1990 (7 U.S.C. 5925)), applications may only be submitted by eligible applicants and may be a collaborative state, tribal, local, or regionally-based network or partnership of public or private entities. Eligible applicants are: (a) State agricultural experiment stations; (b) colleges and universities; (c) university research foundations; (d) other research institutions and organizations; (e) Federal agencies; (f) national laboratories; (g) private organizations or corporations; (h) individuals; or (i) any group consisting of two or more of the entities described in subparagraphs (a) through (h). Priority will be given to eligible institutions that carry out continuing programs funded by the Secretary.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Women and Minorities in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Fields Program (WAMS)
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIFA Help Desk
Business hours are M-F, 7:00 am -5:00 pm ET, excluding Federal holidays
If you have any questions related to preparing application content
National Institute of Food and Agriculture 202-401-1284
- Similar Government Grants
- • Women and Minorities in STEM Fields
- • Women and Minorities in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Fields Program (...
- • Women and Minorities in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Fields Program
- • Women And Minorities In Science, Technology, Engineering And Mathematics Fields Program (W...
- More Grants from the National Institute of Food and Agriculture
- • Higher Education Challenge (HEC) Grants Program
- • Hispanic-Serving Institutions - Education Grants Program
- • Scholarships for Students at 1890 Institutions Program (1890 Scholarships) RFA
- • Distance Education Grants Program for Institutions of Higher Education in Insular Areas (D...
- • Specialty Crop Research Initiative Pre-Applications