Youth Empowerment Program in Kenya
The summary for the Youth Empowerment Program in Kenya grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Kenya USAID Nairobi, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Youth Empowerment Program in Kenya: The United States Agency for International Development, Mission to Kenya (USAID/Kenya), invites applications from all U.S. and Non-U.S. qualified organizations to implement youth activities in Kenya. This program is authorized in accordance with the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961, as amended. The estimate for all awards to be made under this APS is $14,000,000. This funding opportunity includes multi-sectoral programming in six provinces in Kenya: Central, Nairobi, Nyanza, Rift Valley, Western and Coast Provinces. Applicants are invited to submit applications for more than one province but each application should be able to stand alone, separate from the other applications submitted. Programs proposed for funding that include all sectoral Areas of Interest stated herein are encouraged. Proposals from consortia or partnerships between eligible organizations are welcome. Teaming arrangements, especially those that include Kenyan partners, are also encouraged in order to adequately provide multi-sectoral expertise required for design and implementation of an integrated program. Kenyan organizations are encouraged to apply as Prime applicants or as sub-awardees.
|Federal Grant Title:||Youth Empowerment Program in Kenya|
|Federal Agency Name:||Kenya USAID Nairobi|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||APS-623-10-000001|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||USAID Foreign Assistance for Programs Overseas|
|Current Application Deadline:||First Closing Date for Submission of Concept Paper|
|Original Application Deadline:||First Closing Date for Submission of Concept Paper|
|Posted Date:||May 27, 2010|
|Creation Date:||May 27, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Dec 26, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$14,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$2,500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$750,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||12|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Category Explanation
- The goal of the activities for the Yes Youth Can! APS is to empower Kenyan youth by developing leadership and organizations, promoting inter-ethnic understanding, facilitating innovation, providing technical assistance, and channeling resources to at-risk youth in key provinces to improve competitiveness; Create jobs and new market opportunities; Enhance youth voices in policy dialogue and interethnic coalitions, and; Generate new possibilities for community well-being. In order to support new skills development for key youth stakeholders, the proposed activities should focus on promoting economically viable livelihoods and competitiveness of youth enterprises, and/or support youth in exercising a greater voice in local affairs through a comprehensive territorial focus that engages youth and their communities.
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Lisa Whitley USAID/Kenya E-mail: email@example.com Dedicated email address for the Yes Youth Can! APS [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Youth Empowerment Activity
- • Country Health Information Systems and Data Use (CHISU)
- • GIR'ITEKA (Be Respected) Health Activity
- • Input into Planning for USAID/Lebanon Office of Economic Growth on Trade and Financial Inc...
- • USAID/Senegal School Water Integrated Solutions for Health
- • Textbook and Learning Materials Program
- • Field-Support Program
- • FY-2005 Disaster Response Initiative in Northeast Sudan
- More Grants from the Kenya USAID Nairobi
- • Youth Empowerment Activity
- • USAID East Africa Private Sector Engagement in Support of Prosper Africa
- • Living Independently and Being Included in the Community (LIBC)
- • Kenya Tuberculosis Support Program