Youth development through environmental stewardship and education on National Wildlife Refuges in North Dakota, Montana, and Wyoming
The summary for the Youth development through environmental stewardship and education on National Wildlife Refuges in North Dakota, Montana, and Wyoming grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Fish and Wildlife Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Youth development through environmental stewardship and education on National Wildlife Refuges in North Dakota, Montana, and Wyoming: This synopsis is the full announcement. The purpose of the agreement is to cooperate with a youth corp to accomplish habitat conservation, facilities management, invasive species management, and environmental restoration projects within the landscape of National Wildlife Refuge system in Montana, western North Dakota, and northern Wyoming. The partnership will develop responsible citizenship and productive community involvement by our youth today. The agreement will provide personal development of young adults and foster them to become an inspiration of individual action within the environmental community. Matching funds will not be required but will be encouraged. Need budget bid for use of a 5-6 member youth corp crew, with crew leader(s) for forty hours of work in various activities from fencing, to spraying noxious weeds, gps mapping, cutting trees, or other miscellaneous projects. Travel costs must be included in bid price. Camping required for lodging and associated equipment must be provided.
|Federal Grant Title:||Youth development through environmental stewardship and education on National Wildlife Refuges in North Dakota, Montana, and Wyoming|
|Federal Agency Name:||Fish and Wildlife Service|
|Grant Categories:||Environment Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||FWS-R6-YOUTHDEVELOPMENTTHROUGHENVIRONMEN|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Service Training and Technical Assistance (Generic Training)|
|Current Application Deadline:||Mar 14, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 14, 2011|
|Posted Date:||Mar 07, 2011|
|Creation Date:||Mar 07, 2011|
|Archive Date:||Apr 13, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:||$750,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$150,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$4,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Federal, State and local government agencies; Federally-recognized Tribal governments; private nonprofit institutions/organizations; public nonprofit institutions/ organizations.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Andrea Meyer Grants Management Specialist Phone 303-236-5412
- Similar Government Grants
- • Service Training and Technical Assistance
- • Diversity Joint Venture
- • Wild about Nature: Connecting People with Nature
- • Service Training and Technical Assistance (Generic Training)
- • Land Trust Alliance Education Grant
- • Opportunity FWS-08-RO-649-001
- • Opportunity FWS-08-CGSRE-001
- • Fish and Wildlife Service, CESU Sole-Source Task Agreements under 505 DM 2.14 (4) - Unique...
- More Grants from the Fish and Wildlife Service
- • F23AS00319 FY2023 Implementation of the Quagga and Zebra Mussel Action Plan (QZAP) in the ...
- • F23AS00330 White-nose Syndrome Grants to States and Tribes - 2023
- • F23AS00329 Fisheries Restoration and Irrigation Mitigation Act Fiscal Year 2023
- • F23AS00303 Science in the Service Internship Funding Opportunity
- • F23AS00307 Aquatic Invasive Grass Research