The summary for the YouthBuild grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Employment and Training Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
YouthBuild: The Employment and Training Administration (ETA), U.S. Department of Labor (DOL or Department), announces the availability of approximately $73 million in grant funds authorized by the YouthBuild provisions of the Workforce Investment Act (29 USC 2918a). YouthBuild grants will be awarded through a competitive process. Under this Solicitation for Grant Applications (SGA), DOL will award grants to organizations to oversee the provision of education, occupational skills training, and employment services to disadvantaged youth in their communities while performing meaningful work and service to their communities. Based on our estimate of FY 2014 funding, DOL hopes to serve approximately 4,950 participants during the grant period of performance, with approximately 75 projects awarded across the country.
|Federal Grant Title:||YouthBuild|
|Federal Agency Name:||Employment and Training Administration|
|Grant Categories:||Employment Labor and Training|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||SGA-DFA-PY-13-04|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|Current Application Deadline:||Apr 22, 2014 The closing date for receipt of appl|
|Original Application Deadline:||Apr 22, 2014 The closing date for receipt of appl|
|Posted Date:||Feb 18, 2014|
|Creation Date:||Feb 18, 2014|
|Archive Date:||May 22, 2014|
|Total Program Funding:||$73,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,100,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||none|
|Expected Number of Awards:||73|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants for these grants are public or private non-profit agencies or organizations including rural, urban, or Native American agencies that have previously served disadvantaged youth in a YouthBuild or other similar program. These agencies include, but are not limited to:
- Faith-based and community organizations;
- An entity carrying out activities under the Workforce Investment Act (WIA), such as a local workforce investment board or American Job Center (formerly known as One-Stop Career Center);
- An educational institution, including a local school board, public school district, or community college;
- A community action agency;
- A state or local housing development agency;
- An Indian tribe or other agency primarily serving American Indians;
- A community development corporation;
- A state or local youth service conservation corps; or
- Any other public or private non-profit entity that is eligible to provide education or employment training under a Federal program.
Grantees who received funding from the Fiscal Year (FY) 2013 YouthBuild competition [SGA/DFA PY 12-02] are funded through November 2016 and these grantees (based on their unique Employer Identification Numbers) are not eligible to participate in this competition.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Denise Roach
Grants Management Specialist
Email Grant Specialist
Employment and Training Administration 202-693-3346
- Similar Government Grants
- • Youth CareerConnect Program
- • YouthBuild Grants
- • Youthbuild Grants
- • Youthbuild
- More Grants from the Employment and Training Administration
- • H-1B One Workforce Grant Program
- • H-1B Rural Healthcare Grant Program
- • Change 1 to Training and Employment Guidance Letter No. 13-19, Work Opportunity Tax Credit...
- • Women in Apprenticeship and Nontraditional Occupations (“WANTO”) Technical Ass...
- • Strengthening Community Colleges Training Grants