The summary for the YouthBuild grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Employment and Training Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
YouthBuild: The purpose of this program is to fund organizations to provide a pre-apprenticeship program model that encompasses education, occupational skills training, leadership development, and high-quality post-program placement opportunities to opportunity youth. YouthBuild is a community-based alternative education program for youth between the ages of 16 and 24 who left high school prior to graduation that also have other risk factors, including being an adjudicated youth, youth aging out of foster care, youth with disabilities, migrant farmworker youth, youth experiencing housing instability, and other disadvantaged youth populations. The YouthBuild program simultaneously addresses multiple core issues important to youth in low-income communities: affordable housing, leadership development, education, and employment opportunities in in-demand industries and apprenticeship pathways. YouthBuild programs serve as the connection point to vital services for participants. Key aspects of the YouthBuild service delivery model include meaningful partnership and collaboration with the public workforce development system, education and human services systems, and labor and industry partners. DOL expects applicants funded through this solicitation to have well-established partnerships in place prior to grant award. The YouthBuild model balances project-based academic learning and occupational skills training to prepare opportunity youth for career placement. The academic component assists youth who are often significantly behind in basic skill development in obtaining a high school diploma or state high school equivalency credential. The occupational skills training component prepares opportunity youth for apprenticeship and other career pathways and/or further education or training. It also supports the goal of increasing affordable housing within communities by teaching youth construction skills learned by building or significantly renovating homes for sale or rent to low- income families or transitional housing for homeless families or individuals.
|Federal Grant Title:||YouthBuild|
|Federal Agency Name:||Employment and Training Administration (DOL-ETA)|
|Grant Categories:||Employment Labor and Training|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||FOA-ETA-22-01|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||January 21st, 2022|
|Original Application Deadline:||January 21st, 2022|
|Posted Date:||November 22nd, 2021|
|Creation Date:||November 22nd, 2021|
|Archive Date:||February 20th, 2022|
|Total Program Funding:||$90,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$700,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||75|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
|Last Updated:||December 20th, 2021|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants for these grants are public or private non-profit agencies. These organizations include rural, urban, or Native American/Tribal entities that have previously served opportunity youth in a YouthBuild or other similar program.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Steven A Canger
Grants Management Specialist
Please email questions to the contact listed
- Similar Government Grants
- • Youth CareerConnect Program
- • YouthBuild Grants
- • Youthbuild
- • Youthbuild Grants
- More Grants from the Employment and Training Administration
- • Workforce Data Quality Initiative - WDQI Round 9
- • Workforce Opportunities for Rural Communities (WORC) Round 5: A Grant Initiative for the A...
- • DOL Building Pathways to Infrastructure Jobs Grant Program
- • Program Year (PY) 2023 Funding Allotments and Instructions for the INA Section 166 Program...
- • FY 2023 Foreign Labor Certification Grant Planning Guidance