: Capacity Building Assistance to Improve Health in Tribal Populations
The summary for the : Capacity Building Assistance to Improve Health in Tribal Populations grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
: Capacity Building Assistance to Improve Health in Tribal Populations: The purpose of this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is to provide financial assistance to applicants serving tribal health departments (or their equivalents) so these organizations can provide Capacity Building Assistance, (CBA) to improve tribal health department quality, effectiveness, and efficiency in the delivery of public health services. Specifically, assistance will be provided in the following two Priority Areas: (1) capacity building assistance to prepare for public health department accreditation, and (2) capacity building assistance to implement model program and policy practices that address Winnable Battles that are culturally appropriate to AI/AN populations and address highest priority public health needs.
|Federal Grant Title:||: Capacity Building Assistance to Improve Health in Tribal Populations|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-OT12-1201|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention_Investigations and Technical Assistance|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 04, 2012 Letter of I|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 01, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Mar 02, 2012|
|Creation Date:||Apr 10, 2012|
|Archive Date:||Jun 03, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:||$585,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$300,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$292,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||3|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants include: - Nonprofit with 501C3 IRS status (other than institution of higher education) - Nonprofit without 501C3 IRS status (other than institution of higher education) - Small, minority, and women-owned businesses - Universities - Colleges - Hospitals - Community-based organizations - Faith-based organizations - Federally recognized or state-recognized American Indian/Alaska Native tribal governments - American Indian/Alaska native tribally designated organizations - Alaska Native health corporations - Urban Indian health organizations - Tribal epidemiology centers - State and local governments or their Bona Fide Agents (this includes the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianna Islands, American Samoa, Guam, the Federated States of Micronesia, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, and the Republic of Palau) - Political subdivisions of States (in consultation with States) - Non-domestic (non-U.S.) entity
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CDC Procurement and Grant Office (PGO) Techical Information Management Section (TIMS) Phone 770-488-2700
Techical Information Management Section (TIMS) [email@example.com]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Epidemiology of Lupus: Longitudinal Studies in Population-Based Cohorts
- • Improving Detection and Management of Glaucoma and Other Eye Diseases Among High Risk Popu...
- • TREST
- • Sustaining the Expansion of the Overseas Health Assessment and Management of U.S.-Bound Re...
- • National Partnerships to Promote Cancer Surveillance Standards and Support Data Quality an...
- • Postdoctoral Fellowship Training Program in Infectious Diseases
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Improve the Interaction Between Public Health Academicians and ...
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Strengthen Collaboration Between the Disciplines of Academic Me...
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2