2018 Evidence-Based Falls Prevention Program financed by Prevention and Public Health Fund
The summary for the 2018 Evidence-Based Falls Prevention Program financed by Prevention and Public Health Fund grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration for Community Living, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
2018 Evidence-Based Falls Prevention Program financed by Prevention and Public Health Fund: The Administration on Aging (AoA) within the Administration for Community Living (ACL), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) forecasts the possible availability of Fiscal Year (FY) 2018 funds to make three-year grants to approximately 10 entities to develop capacity, bring to scale, and sustain evidence-based falls prevention programs that will help to reduce the number of falls, fear of falling, and/or fall-related injuries in older adults. ACL aims to compete these 10 grants via two options (both with 36-month grant periods): (A) Sustainable Systems Grants: approximately six grants of $400,000 to $600,00 focused on developing integrated, sustainable systems for delivering falls prevention programs; (B) Capacity-Building Grants: approximately four grants of $50,000 to $150,000 to build capacity to introduce and deliver falls prevention programs within underserved areas and/or populations.
|Federal Grant Title:||2018 Evidence-Based Falls Prevention Program financed by Prevention and Public Health Fund|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration for Community Living (HHS-ACL)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2018-ACL-AOA-FPSG-0255|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||April 30th, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||April 30th, 2018|
|Posted Date:||February 28th, 2018|
|Creation Date:||February 28th, 2018|
|Archive Date:||May 30th, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:||$4,014,127|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$600,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$50,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||10|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||February 28th, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- To help ensure a wider geographic reach, it is unlikely that more than one applicant per state under each funding option (Capacity-Building and Sustainable Systems) will be funded. Applicants under the Capacity-Building option may request a total budget from $50,000 to $150,000 for the three-year project period. Applicants under the Sustainable Systems option may request a total budget from $400,000 to a maximum of $600,000 for the three-year project period.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Casey DiCocco
- Similar Government Grants
- • 2020 Empowering Communities to Reduce Falls and Falls Risk
- • 2020 Integrated Networks to Deliver and Sustain Evidence-Based Falls Prevention Programs
- • 2019 Evidence-Based Falls Prevention Program
- • Evidence-Based Falls Prevention Programs Financed Solely by 2017 Prevention and Health Fun...
- • National Falls Prevention Resource Center Financed Solely by 2016 Prevention and Public He...
- • PPHF - 2014 - Evidence-Based Falls Prevention Programs Financed Solely by 2014 Prevention ...
- • PPHF- 2014 - National Falls Prevention Resource Center Financed Solely by 2014 Prevention ...
- • PPHF - 2015 - Evidence-Based Falls Prevention Programs Financed Solely by 2015 Prevention ...
- More Grants from the Administration for Community Living
- • Disaster Assistance for State Units on Aging (SUAs) and Tribal Organizations in Major Disa...
- • Lifespan Respite Care Program: Special Projects to Strengthen Program Development, Impleme...
- • Aging and Disability Resource Center/No Wrong Door System Funding Opportunity: Critical Re...
- • Centers for Independent Living Competition - Guam
- • Assistive Technology Alternative Financing Program