A Grant to Establish a Center for the Prevention and Control of Risk Factors for Chronic Diseases
The summary for the A Grant to Establish a Center for the Prevention and Control of Risk Factors for Chronic Diseases grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
A Grant to Establish a Center for the Prevention and Control of Risk Factors for Chronic Diseases: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) announces the intent to use fiscal year (FY) 2006 funds for a grant that seeks to use community-based planning, implementation, evaluation, and dissemination of effective interventions to create a platform for standardized prevention and control of chronic diseases by impacting the constellation of multiple risk factors. The proposed comprehensive approach to prevention is designed to reduce health disparities in the targeted racial and ethnic populations.
|Federal Grant Title:||A Grant to Establish a Center for the Prevention and Control of Risk Factors for Chronic Diseases|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-MN-06-601|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention_Investigations and Technical Assistance|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 20, 2006|
|Posted Date:||Feb 10, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Sep 04, 2007|
|Archive Date:||Mar 22, 2006|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible Applicant Assistance will be provided only to the Nashville General Hospital at Meharry Medical Center, 1818 Albion Street, Nashville, TN 37208. This award is being made as the result of an unsolicited request for funding. NGHM has significant experience in serving ethnically diverse and medically uninsured populations. The population that they serve experiences multiple morbidities, high mortality and high prevalence of multiple risk factors for chronic disease and its associated complications. Led by a specialist in endocrinology and in combination with a six consortium clinics and research investigators, NGHM could have measurable public health impact by reducing chronic diseases and related risk factors and potentially minimizing the affect of health disparities in its target population.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CDC Procurement and Grants Office
Technical Information Management Section
Phone 770-488-2700 PGOTIM@cdc.gov PGOTIM@cdc.gov
- Similar Government Grants
- • Epidemiology of Lupus: Longitudinal Studies in Population-Based Cohorts
- • Improving Detection and Management of Glaucoma and Other Eye Diseases Among High Risk Popu...
- • TREST
- • Sustaining the Expansion of the Overseas Health Assessment and Management of U.S.-Bound Re...
- • National Partnerships to Promote Cancer Surveillance Standards and Support Data Quality an...
- • Postdoctoral Fellowship Training Program in Infectious Diseases
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Improve the Interaction Between Public Health Academicians and ...
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Strengthen Collaboration Between the Disciplines of Academic Me...
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2