Advanced Nuclear Research at Universities
The summary for the Advanced Nuclear Research at Universities grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Headquarters, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Advanced Nuclear Research at Universities: Since 1999, the Nuclear Energy Research Initiative (NERI) program has sponsored research to advance the state of nuclear science and technology in the United States by addressing the key technical issues impacting the expanded use of nuclear energy. The program has sponsored research and development on next-generation nuclear energy systems; proliferation resistant nuclear fuel cycle technologies; generation of hydrogen using nuclear power; improvements in light water reactor technology; and fundamental areas of nuclear science that directly impact the long-term success of nuclear energy. The advances in these areas are expected to be incorporated in potential future advanced reactor designs and nuclear fuel systems. The NERI program has realized its goal of developing advanced nuclear energy systems and technology to help assure that the United States maintains a viable option to use nuclear energy to meet its energy and environmental needs. The research effort, conducted by the Nation?s universities, laboratories, and industries, has helped maintain the nuclear research infrastructure in this country and has focused attention on the United States as a nuclear research and development leader. This announcement, which is open to all U.S. universities, provides an opportunity for universities to participate in these research initiatives. The NERI R D projects will be selected using a competitive, peer-reviewed process. Funding for the NERI awards is provided by the AFCI, Generation IV, and NHI programs.
|Federal Grant Title:||Advanced Nuclear Research at Universities|
|Federal Agency Name:||Headquarters|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||DE-PS07-04ID14551|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Nuclear Energy Research, Development and Demonstration|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 16, 2004|
|Posted Date:||Jun 01, 2004|
|Creation Date:||Jun 01, 2004|
|Archive Date:||Oct 01, 2004|
|Total Program Funding:||$3,700,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||20|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Applicant eligibility is restricted to U.S. colleges and universities. Any collaborators to be funded under this announcement through the lead universities or colleges may be other U.S. colleges or universities, DOE national laboratories, or industrial organizations. At least 75 percent of the requested funding must go to universities unless an adequate justification for a larger portion going to non-universities is provided. Letters of support from collaborators should be included in the application.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Contact the DOE Contract Officer with questionsregarding the funding opportunity firstname.lastname@example.org Seb Klein
- Similar Government Grants
- • Nuclear Energy Tribal Working Group (NETWG)
- • Nuclear Legislative Working Group (NLWG)
- • Fiscal Year 2023 Distinguished Early Career Program
- • Consent-Based Siting for Interim Storage Program -- Community Engagement Opportunities
- • Fiscal Year 2023 Scientific Infrastructure Support for Consolidated Innovative Nuclear Res...
- • Public Sector Support for the US DOE/NNSA EnergyInitiatives for Proliferation Prevention P...
- • Nuclear Power 2010 Program: New Nuclear Plant Licensing Demonstration Projects
- • Nuclear Energy Protocol for Research Isotopes (NEPRI)
- More Grants from the Headquarters
- • Bipartisan Infrastructure Law - Clean Energy Demonstration Program on Current and Former M...
- • Industrial Decarbonization and Emissions Reduction Demonstration-to-Deployment Funding Opp...
- • Bipartisan Infrastructure Law: Energy Improvement in Rural or Remote Areas Funding Opportu...
- • Bipartisan Infrastructure Law Carbon Capture Large-Scale Pilot Projects Funding Opportunit...
- • Bipartisan Infrastructure Law Carbon Capture Demonstration Projects Program Funding Opport...