Advanced Placement (AP) Test Fee Program
The summary for the Advanced Placement (AP) Test Fee Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Headquarters and Regional Offices, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Advanced Placement (AP) Test Fee Program: Note: Each funding opportunity description is a synopsis of information in the Federal Register application notice. For specific information about eligibility, please see the official application notice. The official version of this document is the document published in the Federal Register. Free Internet access to the official edition of the Federal Register and the Code of Federal Regulations is available on GPO Access at: http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/index.html. Advanced Placement Test Fee Program 84.330B The AP Test Fee program provides grants to States to enable them to pay advanced placement test fees on behalf of eligible low-income students who (1) are enrolled in an advanced placement course; and (2) plan to take an advanced placement exam. The program is designed to increase the number of low-income students who take advanced placement tests and receive scores for which college academic credit is awarded. Through participation in this program, low-income students will achieve to higher standards in English, mathematics, science, and other core subjects. The program also seeks to increase the number of low-income students who achieve a baccalaureate or advanced degree. The AP Test Fee program provides resources that State Educational agencies (SEAs) and other eligible applicants can use in pursuit of the objectives of the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 which aims for all elementary and secondary students to achieve to high standards. In particular, this program provides an opportunity for eligible entities to support advanced placement programs in schools identified for improvement, corrective action, or restructuring under Title I, Part A of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965, as amended. ELIGIBLE APPLICANTS: SEAs in any State, including the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands, Guam, American Samoa, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, and the freely associated states of the Republic of the Marshall Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia, and the Republic of Palau. Note: For purposes of this program, the Bureau of Indian Affairs is treated as an SEA.
|Federal Grant Title:||Advanced Placement (AP) Test Fee Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Headquarters and Regional Offices|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||ED-GRANTS-051403-003|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Advanced Placement Program|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 30, 2003|
|Posted Date:||May 16, 2003|
|Creation Date:||Jul 30, 2003|
|Archive Date:||Jul 30, 2003|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Lark, Tonja, ED Deputy FedGrants Administrator, Phone (202) 260-0088, Fax (202) 205-0667, Email tonja.lark@ed,gov tonja.lark@ed,gov Lark, Tonja
- Similar Government Grants
- • Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE): Advanced Placement (AP) Test Fee Prog...
- • Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE): Advanced Placement Test Fee Program C...
- • Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE); Advanced Placement Incentive Program ...
- • Advanced Placement Incentive (API) Program
- • Advanced Placement Test Fee Program
- More Grants from the Headquarters and Regional Offices
- • Special Focus Competition: European Community-United States of America Cooperation Program...
- • Early Reading First Program
- • Charter Schools Program (CSP)
- • Teaching American History Grant Program
- • Small Business Innovation Research Program--Phase I