Advancing Cancer Immunotherapy by Mitigating Immune-related Adverse Events (irAEs) (U01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
The summary for the Advancing Cancer Immunotherapy by Mitigating Immune-related Adverse Events (irAEs) (U01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Advancing Cancer Immunotherapy by Mitigating Immune-related Adverse Events (irAEs) (U01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed): This FOA will invite U01 applications in the specific area of cancer immunotherapy-related adverse events. Investigators are encouraged to submit applications that focus on mechanisms of immune reactivity/tolerance and/or autoimmune pathways that could be applied to improving immunotherapeutic approaches while simultaneously eliminating or reducing the severity of inflammatory or autoimmune responses. A related area of interest is studies designed to enhance the target specificity of immunotherapeutic reagents, to reduce or prevent irAEs. An additional synergistic focus of interest is the identification of predictive biomarkers of cancer patients at risk for developing irAEs. Understanding risk factors for developing an irAE would better inform patient stratification at the start of therapy and influence clinical monitoring. Achieving the goals of the RFA should establish a deeper understanding of the origins and activation pathways leading to inflammatory or autoimmune adverse events that currently limit the use of various immunotherapy regimens in patients.
|Federal Grant Title:||Advancing Cancer Immunotherapy by Mitigating Immune-related Adverse Events (irAEs) (U01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health (HHS-NIH11)|
|Grant Categories:||Education Food and Nutrition Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-CA-19-044|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Numbers:||93.121, 93.353, 93.393, 93.846, 93.847, 93.855|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||April 25th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||April 25th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||February 20th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||February 20th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||May 31st, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:||$5,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$375,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||February 20th, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For-profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISISs); Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession; Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are not eligible to apply. Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are not eligible to apply. Foreign components, as defined in the NIH Grants Policy Statement, are allowed.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...