Afghanistan Counternarcotics Program
The summary for the Afghanistan Counternarcotics Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affair, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Afghanistan Counternarcotics Program: The Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement administers a variety of counternarcotics programs in Afghanistan in support of U.S. policy objectives and at the direct request of the Government of Afghanistan. INL's efforts are vital to the larger interagency and international fight to counter the narcotics trade, which fuels the insurgency, undermines the Afghan government by fostering corruption, and erodes both the Afghan economy and social structure through financial dependence and physical addiction amongst many Afghan families. According to the United Nations estimates, in 2011 the farm-gate income generated by opium probably amounted to $1.4 billion dollars, equivalent to 9 percent of GDP in Afghanistan. INL programs directly support U.S. government counterinsurgency goals at both ends of the drug supply chain by targeting the insurgent-narcotrafficker nexus while also enhancing support for licit agriculture, counternarcotics law enforcement, institutional capacity building, demand reduction, public information and rule of law.
|Federal Grant Title:||Afghanistan Counternarcotics Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affair|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||INL-12-CA-0029-APCOUNTERNACOTICS-0730201|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|Current Application Deadline:||Oct 08, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||Sep 18, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Jul 30, 2012|
|Creation Date:||Sep 18, 2012|
|Archive Date:||Nov 07, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:||$10,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$10,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Category Explanation
- Counter narcotics - please see full RFA
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Please see full RFA.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Lourdes Stein Program Analyst Phone 202 776 8774
- Similar Government Grants
- • Professional Development Network for Substance Use Disorder Prevention, Treatment, and Rec...
- • University Support for Drug Demand Reduction And Substance Use Disorder Treatment and Prev...
- • Strengthening Judicial Effectiveness through Training Manuals and Technical Assistance for...
- • Employment readiness and market labor insertion of socially vulnerable youth in crime-ridd...
- • Belize Travel and Logistics Program for Training Support
- • Youth in Action (Jovenes en Accion JA), Culture of Lawfulness
- • Afghanistan Prisoner Rehabilitation Programs
- • Nicaragua Citizen Security Grants
- More Grants from the International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affair
- • Female Corrections Academy Training, Development, and Mentoring Assistance Project
- • Afghanistan Legal Education Alumni Coordination & Scholar Project
- • Reducing Human Trafficking Through Forensics in Central America
- • Sahel Road Safety initiative Reintegration Program
- • INL REDS Colombia - Colombia Social Inclusion and Civil Society Engagement for Survivors o...