Alternatives to Guardianship Youth Resource Center
The summary for the Alternatives to Guardianship Youth Resource Center grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration for Community Living, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Alternatives to Guardianship Youth Resource Center: The Administration on Disabilities (AoD) seeks to fund one (1) five-year grant to create an Alternatives to Guardianship Youth Resource Center. Research shows the majority (57 percent) of people with ID/DD ages 18 to 22 receiving publicly funded services have guardians.The Center will work to divert high school students with ID/DD away from guardianship to less restrictive decisional supports. The target audience for this information includes youth with ID/DD, parents and caregivers of high school students with I/DD, special education teachers, education administrators, advocates, vocational rehabilitation counselors, guidance counselors, and school district officials. As a result of funding this Center, AoD expects that:1. More students with I/DD will have more decisional options, such as Powers of Attorney, supported-decision-making (SDM), joint bank accounts, bill paying services, and medical or educational release forms, on completion of high school;2. Fewer young adults with I/DD will be subject to guardianship;3. The public will become more knowledgeable of alternatives to guardianship; and4. Youth will become more independent by gaining job experience and personal responsibilities.
|Federal Grant Title:||Alternatives to Guardianship Youth Resource Center|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration for Community Living (HHS-ACL)|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2020-ACL-AOD-DNDM-0427|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||June 29th, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||June 29th, 2020|
|Posted Date:||April 30th, 2020|
|Creation Date:||April 30th, 2020|
|Archive Date:||July 29th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$300,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$250,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||April 30th, 2020|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign entities are not eligible to compete for, or receive, awards made under this announcement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Katherine Cargill-Willis
- Similar Government Grants
- • Closing the Health Disparity Gap for People with Intellectual and Developmental Disabiliti...
- • Supported Decision Making Across the Lifespan Planning Grant
- • Human Dignity and Civil Rights for People with Disabilities
- • Living Well-Model Approaches for Enhancing the Quality, Effectiveness and Monitoring of Ho...
- • Access to Integrated Employment: National Data Collection on Day and Employment Services f...
- • Projects of National Significance: Family Support 360 for Military Families
- • Projects of National Significance: Family Support 360 Centers
- More Grants from the Administration for Community Living
- • Disaster Assistance for State Units on Aging (SUAs) and Tribal Organizations in Major Disa...
- • Lifespan Respite Care Program: Special Projects to Strengthen Program Development, Impleme...
- • Aging and Disability Resource Center/No Wrong Door System Funding Opportunity: Critical Re...
- • Centers for Independent Living Competition - Guam
- • Assistive Technology Alternative Financing Program