American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) of 2009Supplemental Funding to Support Enhanced Evaluation within ARRA Funded Obesity Communities
The summary for the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) of 2009Supplemental Funding to Support Enhanced Evaluation within ARRA Funded Obesity Communities grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) of 2009Supplemental Funding to Support Enhanced Evaluation within ARRA Funded Obesity Communities: The purpose of this supplemental funding opportunity is to expand existing collection and evaluation of individual-level data on height and, weight (used to create BMI) and, where applicable, other biometric and related measurements, in selected communities funded for obesity prevention. In addition, awardees should add or expand the use of supplementary observational measures of policy/environmental changes to augment individual-level measurements.
|Federal Grant Title:||American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) of 2009Supplemental Funding to Support Enhanced Evaluation within ARRA Funded Obesity Communities|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-DP09-91201SUPP10|
|Type of Funding:||Other|
|CFDA Descriptions:||ARRA - Prevention and Wellness - Communities Putting Prevention to Work Funding Opportunities Announcement (FOA)|
|Current Application Deadline:||Aug 20, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 20, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Jul 20, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Jul 20, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Sep 19, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$10,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$2,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$50,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||6|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligibility is limited to current CPPW grantees who are implementing the nutritional and physical activity MAPPS strategies that are expected to drive changes in height and weight (to calculate BMI) and, where applicable, other biometric and related measurements and observational measures such as data on physical activity and/or nutrition/dietary intake under DP09-912 ARRA09 and that have the necessary infrastructure in place and experience to perform the measurement activities required, and have some degree of height and weight and, where applicable, other biometric or related measurement activities currently ongoing in their community.. Competition is limited to the 25 CPPW grantee communities funded through cooperative agreement: DP09-912ARRA09 for obesity prevention as follows: Boston Public Health Commission, Massachusetts Cherokee Nation Health Service Group, Oklahoma Cook County (Cook County Department of Public Health/Public Health County of Los Angeles Department of Public Health, California County of San Diego Health & Human Services Agency, California Douglas County Health Department, Nebraska Hamilton County General Health District, Ohio Hawaii - State of Hawaii Department of Health (Kauai and Maui) Indiana - Indiana State Department of Health (Bartholomew County and Vanderburgh County) Jefferson County Department of Health, Alabama Louisville/Jefferson County Metro Government, Kentucky Maine Department of Health and Human Services, Maine (Healthy Lakes and Portland) Miami-Dade County Health Department, Florida Minnesota - Minnesota Department of Health (Olmstead County and Minneapolis) Multnomah County Health Department, Oregon Nashville/Davidson County Metro Public Health Department, Tennessee New York City (Fund for Public Health in New York, Inc.), New York Philadelphia Department of Public Health, Pennsylvania Pima County, Arizona Pueblo of Jemez, New Mexico San Antonio Metropolitan Health District, Texas Seattle-King County Department of Public Health, Washington Tri-County Health Department, Colorado West Virginia - West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources (Mid-Ohio Valley) Wisconsin - Wisconsin Department of Health Services (LaCrosse County and Wood County)
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CDC Procurement and Grants Office grants Phone 770-488-2700
- Similar Government Grants
- • Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Grant
- • American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) of 2009
- • Opportunity CDC-RFA-DP09-912ARRA09
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2