Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Grant
The summary for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Grant grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Grant: The purpose of this supplemental announcement is to provide funding to assist CPPW awardees in expanding the impact of the initiative to by creating local and national capacity to provide peer to peer mentoring, consultative support and training as well as sharing and dissemination of lessons learned about local processes, implementation and outcomes in order to increase local and national capacity to implement policy, systems, and environmental change approaches to prevent and reduce chronic disease.
|Federal Grant Title:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Grant|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-DP09-91202SUPP10|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||ARRA - Prevention and Wellness - Communities Putting Prevention to Work Funding Opportunities Announcement (FOA)|
|Current Application Deadline:||Aug 12, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 12, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Jul 12, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Jul 12, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Sep 11, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$10,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$3,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1,000,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||10|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligibility is limited to the 37 CPPW grantee communities (7 being dual funded for both tobacco and obesity prevention) funded through the objective review process for cooperative agreement. Competition is limited to currently funded cooperative agreement recipients under DP09-912ARRA09, therefore only those communities under CDC-RFA-DP09-912ARRA are eligible to apply as follows: Austin/Travis County Health and Human Services Department, Texas Cherokee Nation Health Service Group, Oklahoma Boston Public Health Commission, Massachusetts City of Chicago (Respiratory Health Association of Metropolitan Chicago , Institute of Metropolitan Chicago), Illinois Cook County (Cook County Department of Public Health/Public Health County of Los Angeles Department of Public Health, California County of San Diego Health & Human Services Agency, California County of Santa Clara Public Health Department, California a Department of Health, Washington, D.C. Douglas County Health Department, Nebraska Great Lakes Inter-Tribal Council, Wisconsin Hamilton County General Health District, Ohio Hawaii - State of Hawaii Department of Health (Kauai and Maui) Indiana - Indiana State Department of Health (Bartholomew County and Vanderburgh County) Iowa - Iowa Department of Public Health (Linn County and Ringgold County) Jefferson County Department of Health, Alabama Louisville/Jefferson County Metro Government, Kentucky Maine Department of Health and Human Services, Maine (Healthy Lakes and Portland) Miami-Dade County Health Department, Florida Minnesota - Minnesota Department of Health Olmstead County and Minneapolis) Pueblo of Jemez, New Mexico Rhode Island - Rhode Island Department of Health (Providence) San Antonio Metropolitan Health District, Texas South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (Horry County and Florence County) St. Louis County, Missouri Seattle-King County Department of Public Health, Washington Southern Nevada Health District, Nevada Tri-County Health Department, Colorado West Virginia - West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources (Mid-Ohio Valley) Wisconsin - Wisconsin Department of Health Services (LaCrosse County and Wood County)
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CDC Procurement and Grants Office grants Phone 770-488-2700
- Similar Government Grants
- • American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) of 2009Supplemental Funding to Support Enhan...
- • American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) of 2009
- • Opportunity CDC-RFA-DP09-912ARRA09
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2