Anasazi Basket Analysis for NAGPRA Purposes
The summary for the Anasazi Basket Analysis for NAGPRA Purposes grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Reclamation Upper Colorado Region, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Anasazi Basket Analysis for NAGPRA Purposes: This grant has two goals. One is to assist Reclamation in its Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act (NAGPRA) compliance by having Mercyhurst Archaeological Institute (henceforth Mercyhurst) document the basketry evidence for cultural affiliation with the 16 tribes claiming cultural affiliation. The basketry report and findings will not establish cultural affiliation; rather, the findings will be compiled with other lines of evidence so Reclamation can weigh the preponderance of the evidence for cultural affiliation. In other words, Mercyhurst will analyze basketry from the collections from the two Reclamation reservoirs, document the distinct patterns of manufacture, style, or distribution of the basketry or textiles by the earlier groups or archaeological culture units represented in the collections, and determine if there is a shared group identity that can be reasonably traced between any or all of the claimant Indian tribes and the earlier groups. The product produced by Mercyhurst Archaeological Institute will be a descriptive report on the basketry from the two reservoirs and it will contain a finding or determination on cultural affiliation with the claimant tribes based on their historic or ethnographic basketry or textile traditions.
|Federal Grant Title:||Anasazi Basket Analysis for NAGPRA Purposes|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Reclamation Upper Colorado Region|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Continuation|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||R12SS40036|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cultural Resources Management|
|Current Application Deadline:||Aug 09, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 09, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Jul 27, 2012|
|Creation Date:||Jul 27, 2012|
|Archive Date:||Aug 10, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:||$25,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$25,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$25,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Private institutions of higher education - Small businesses
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- State and local agencies, sponsored organizations, public nonprofit institutions/organizations, other public institutions/organizations, Federally-recognized Indian Tribal governments, minority groups, specialized groups, small businesses, profit organizations, private nonprofit institutions/organizations, quasi-public nonprofit institutions/organizations, other private institutions/organizations, and Native American Organizations, educational or scientific organization, or any institution, corporation, association, or individual that possesses the requisite professional requirements.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Timothy Wagoner Grants Management Specialist Phone 801-524-3704
- Similar Government Grants
- • Curation of BOR-Owned Collections - MIAC
- • Utah Historic Irrigation Project
- • Museum Collection Processing and Curation
- • Curation of Museum Property Under Reclamation Jurisdiction and Archaeological Fieldwork fo...
- • Long Term Curation of Reclamation Collections
- • Bureau of Reclamation Great Plains Region Grant
- • Notice of Intent to Award National Register of Historic Places Evaluation of 14JW17, Lovew...
- • Curation of Reclamation Natural History Collections at the South Dakota School of Mines, M...
- More Grants from the Bureau of Reclamation Upper Colorado Region
- • Hopi Participation in the Long-Term Experimental and Management Plan for the Glen Canyon D...
- • Long Term Experimental and Management Plan (LTEMP) Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) Pa...
- • Analysis of Potential San Juan Ecosystem Restoration Sites and Hazardous Material Threats
- • Paiute Participation in the Long-Term Experimental and Management Plan for the Glen Canyon...
- • Design, Construction and Construction Oversight for the Reaches 24.1, 25 and 26 of the Nav...