Applications for New Awards; Upward Bound Program (Regular Upward Bound (UB) CFDA 84.047A
The summary for the Applications for New Awards; Upward Bound Program (Regular Upward Bound (UB) CFDA 84.047A grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Education, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Applications for New Awards; Upward Bound Program (Regular Upward Bound (UB) CFDA 84.047A: Note: Each funding opportunity description is a synopsis of information in the Federal Register application notice. For specific information about eligibility, please see the official application notice. The official version of this document is the document published in the Federal Register. Free Internet access to the official edition of the Federal Register and the Code of Federal Regulations is available on GPO Access at: http://www.access.gpo.gov /nara/index.html. Purpose of Program: The Upward Bound (UB) Program is one of the seven programs known as the Federal TRIO Programs. The UB Program is a discretionary grant program that supports projects designed to provide the skills and motivation necessary to complete a program of secondary education and to enter and succeed in a program of postsecondary education. There are three types of grants under the UB Program: Regular UB grants; Veterans UB grants; and UB Math and Science grants. This notice only announces deadlines and other information for regular UB grants. Applications for grants under this program must be submitted electronically unless you qualify for an exception to this requirement in accordance with the instructions in this section. a. Electronic Submission of Applications.Applications for grants under the Upward Bound Grant Competition, CFDA number 84.047A, must be submitted electronically using the Governmentwide Grants.gov Apply site at www.Grants.gov. Through this site, you will be able to download a copy of the application package, complete it offline, and then upload and submit your application. You may not email an electronic copy of a grant application to us. ou may access the electronic grant application for the Upward Bound Grant competition at www.Grants.gov. You must search for the downloadable application package for this competition by the CFDA number. Do not include the CFDA number's alpha suffix in your search (e.g., search for 84.047, not 84.047A). The telephone number for the Grants.gov Helpdesk is 1-800-518-4726 or e-mail: email@example.com. On December 19, 2011, we published a notice in the Federal Register (76 FR 78621) inviting applications for new awards for fiscal year (FY) 2012 for the UB Program. We are extending the Deadline for Transmittal of Applications date published on pages 78621 and 78624 of the application notice to February 1, 2012. We are extending the Deadline for Intergovernmental Review date published on page 78621 of the application notice to April 2, 2012. These dates are extended due to the unavailability of Grants.gov for two days for scheduled system maintenance.
|Federal Grant Title:||Applications for New Awards; Upward Bound Program (Regular Upward Bound (UB) CFDA 84.047A|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||ED-GRANTS-121911-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||TRIO_Upward Bound|
|Current Application Deadline:||Feb 01, 2012 Application|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jan 30, 2012|
|Posted Date:||December 19th, 2011|
|Creation Date:||Jan 25, 2012|
|Archive Date:||Mar 02, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:||$305,289,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||982|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible Applicants: Institutions of higher education; public and private agencies and organizations, including community-based organizations with experience in serving disadvantaged youth; combination of these institutions, agencies, and organizations; and secondary schools.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Joyce Mays Management Analyst Phone 202-245-6122 firstname.lastname@example.org Program Manager: Ken Waters Upward Bound Program, U.S. Department of Education 1990 K St. NW., Room 7000 Washington, DC 20006 Telephone: (202) 502-7586 or by email:
email; Program Manager [email@example.com.]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE): Veterans Upward bound Program CFDA Number 84.047V
- • Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE): Upward Bound Math and Science Program CFDA Number...
- • Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE): Upward Bound Program CFDA Number 84.047A
- • Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE): Veterans Upward Bound (VUB) Program CFDA Number 8...
- • Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE): Federal TRIO Programs: Upward Bound Math and Scie...
- • Upward Bound Program Participant Expansion Initiative
- • Upward Bound Math and Science Program
- • Upward Bound Program (84.047A) Regular Upward Bound Program
- More Grants from the Department of Education
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance on State Data Collection: National Technical Assistance C...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance on State Data Collection--National Technical Assistance C...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Leadership Development Programs: Increasing the Capacity of Leaders to Improve...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance and Dissemination To Improve Services and Results for Chi...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance and Dissemination Center for the Development and Implemen...