BLM-CO Abandoned Mine Lands Reclamation Project - San Luis Valley Field Office
The summary for the BLM-CO Abandoned Mine Lands Reclamation Project - San Luis Valley Field Office grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BLM-CO Abandoned Mine Lands Reclamation Project - San Luis Valley Field Office: This announcement is to provide public notice of the Bureau of Land Management's (BLM) intention to fund the following project activities without full and open competition. In support of this single-source justification and Notice of Intent to Award, BLM Colorado cites the following policy: Department of the Interior Policy (505 DM 2) requires a written justification which explains why competition is not practicable for each single-source award. The justification addresses one or more of the following criteria as well as discussion of the program legislative history, unique capabilities of the proposed recipient, and cost-sharing contribution offered by the proposed recipient, as applicable. In order for an assistance award to be made without competition, the award must satisfy one or more of the following criteria: BLM Colorado did not solicit full and open competition for this award based the following criteria and exception: (3) Legislative intent. Under the Surface Mining Control and Reclamation Act of 1977 (SMCRA), Congress has determined that a federally-approved State AML program will have the exclusive responsibility and authority to implement the provisions of the approved program¿ within the state (30 U.S.C. §1235(d)). Congress directed the Office of Surface Mining Reclamation and Enforcement (OSMRE) to provide grants under SMCRA to such approved states, which then spend money to implement AML projects within their jurisdiction. Through SMCRA Congress recognizes state governments, following approval of their programs by the Secretary, as the primary governmental players in the reclamation of abandoned mine lands. The State of Colorado, Department of Natural Resources, Division of Reclamation, Mining and Safety is the only source that is uniquely qualified and legislatively authorized to perform the work proposed herein. The project area will be lands under the jurisdiction of the San Luis Valley Field Office which contains multiple watersheds.
|Federal Grant Title:||BLM-CO Abandoned Mine Lands Reclamation Project - San Luis Valley Field Office|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management (DOI-BLM)|
|Grant Categories:||Environment, Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L20AS00105|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||August 19th, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||August 19th, 2020|
|Posted Date:||July 22nd, 2020|
|Creation Date:||July 22nd, 2020|
|Archive Date:||August 26th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$200,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$24,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||July 22nd, 2020|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Click on Related Documents Tab Above to Download Full Announcement, Instructions and Templates. Click on Package to Download SF424 Application Package.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Eleni Sarris (303) 239-3908
- Similar Government Grants
- • BLM-CO Abandoned Mine Lands Reclamation Project - Gunnison Field Office
- • BLM WY State of Wyoming, Abandoned Mine Land Coordination AML
- • BLM CA Statewide Abandoned Mine Lands Reclamation Project
- • BLM-CO Statewide Orphan Wells Project
- • BLM-CO Abandoned Mine Lands Reclamation Project
- • BLM ID TFD Geoscience Internship Program
- • Cooperative Arctic Lakes Data Collection Network, Alaska
- • Projected Vegetation and Fire Regime Response to Future Climate Change in Eastern Interior...
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM-CO Youth Conservation Opportunities on Public Lands
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...
- • ORWA Secure Rural Schools and Community Self Determination