BLM-CO: Strengthening Partnerships for Invasive and Noxious Plant Management
The summary for the BLM-CO: Strengthening Partnerships for Invasive and Noxious Plant Management grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BLM-CO: Strengthening Partnerships for Invasive and Noxious Plant Management: Under its multiple-use and sustained yield mandates, BLM Colorado manages public rangelands for various uses and values, including livestock grazing, recreational opportunities, healthy watersheds, and wildlife habitat. These lands preserve the open spaces that continue to shape the character of the West. Of the 245 million acres of public lands that BLM manages, more than 79 million acres are infested with noxious and invasive weeds. One of the BLM's highest priorities is to promote ecosystem health, and one of the greatest obstacles to achieving this goal is the rapid expansion of weeds across public lands and multiple jurisdictions. These invasive plants can dominate and often cause permanent damage to native plant communities, tax water resources, and restrict traditional land uses, including grazing and agricultural purposes. If not eradicated or controlled, noxious weeds will continue to jeopardize the health of the public lands and will constrain the myriad of activities that occur on public lands. BLM's Invasive and Noxious Plant Management Program works to prevent, detect, inventory, control and monitor weed populations on public lands. Furthermore, BLM Colorado works with partners as often as possible in providing weed education materials for distribution to the public. Both BLM Colorado and the public are affected by invasive vegetation. For more information on how to apply, please visit https://www.grants.gov and download the application, instructions and templates.
|Federal Grant Title:||BLM-CO: Strengthening Partnerships for Invasive and Noxious Plant Management|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management (DOI-BLM)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L19AS00042|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||July 9th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||July 9th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||May 9th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||May 9th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||July 16th, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:||$0|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||3|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||May 9th, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Click on Related Documents Tab Above to Download Full Announcement, Instructions and Templates. Click on Package to Download SF424 Application Package.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Kyle Carter (303) 239-3764
- Similar Government Grants
- • ORWA 2019 Invasive and Noxious Plant Management Master Funding Opportunity
- • BLM Idaho 2019 Invasive and Noxious Plant Mangement
- • AZ Invasive and Noxious Plant Management
- • BLM NM Noxious and Invasive Plant Managemnt
- • BLM WY Invasive and Noxious Plant Management
- • Lower Grande Ronde River Noxious Weed Project
- • Northeast Oregon Noxious Weed Project
- • Northwest Weed Management Partnership
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...
- • NM Oil and Gas Inspection and Enforcement (I & E) Program
- • BLM FY2020 Bureau-wide Management Studies Support Program for National Conservation Lands