BLM Idaho Invasive and Noxious Plant Management
The summary for the BLM Idaho Invasive and Noxious Plant Management grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BLM Idaho Invasive and Noxious Plant Management: One of the BLM's highest priorities is to promote ecosystem health and one of the greatest obstacles to achieving this goal is the rapid expansion of weeds across public lands. These invasive plants can dominate and often cause permanent damage to natural plant communities. If not eradicated or controlled, noxious weeds will continue to jeopardize the health of public lands and to constrain the myriad activities that occur on them.
|Federal Grant Title:||BLM Idaho Invasive and Noxious Plant Management|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management (DOI-BLM)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L20AS00031|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 31st, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 31st, 2020|
|Posted Date:||January 14th, 2020|
|Creation Date:||January 14th, 2020|
|Archive Date:||September 30th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$600,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$120,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||6|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||February 5th, 2020|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- The following types of entities are eligible to apply for award under this NOFO. Failure to meet eligibility requirements will result in precluding the BLM from making an award. - State, local government, Native American tribal organizations - Institution of Higher Education (IHE)- Independent School District- Private Institution of Higher Education- Nonprofit Organizations with 501C3 IRS Status* (Other than IHE) - must submit proof - Nonprofit Organizations without 501C3 IRS Status* (Other than IHE)The following types of entities are ineligible to apply for award under this NOFO:- Individuals- For-Profit Organizations*This program NOFO does not support entities hiring interns or crews. The Public Lands Corps Act of 1993, 16 USC, Chapter 37, Subchapter II-Public Lands Corps, is the only legislative authority that allows BLM to "hire" interns. Therefore, eligible Youth Conservation Corps may only apply for projects developed under NOFO 15.243 - BLM Youth Conservation Opportunities on Public Lands.Awards under the Good Neighbor Authority. 16 USC §2113a (b)(1)(A) are limited to Governor or County. The term "Governor" means the Governor or any other appropriate executive official of an affected State or Indian tribe.Awards under the Plant Protection Act of 2000, 7 USC, Chapter 61 Noxious Weeds § 2814 limited to State agencies. The term "State agency" means a State department of agriculture, or other State agency or political subdivision thereof, responsible for the administration or implementation of undesirable plants laws of a State.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Click on the RELATED DOCUMENTS tab to download the full announcement and application package instructions.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grants Management Specialist Kyle Bowers (208) 373-3912
- Similar Government Grants
- • Montana/Dakotas Invasive and Noxious Management
- • Nevada Invasive and Noxious Management
- • FY20 Alaska BLM Noxious and Invasive Plant Management Program
- • NM Invasive and Noxious Plant Management
- • WY Invasive and Noxious Plant Management
- • Lower Grande Ronde River Noxious Weed Project
- • Northeast Oregon Noxious Weed Project
- • Northwest Weed Management Partnership
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM-CO Youth Conservation Opportunities on Public Lands
- • BLM-CO Abandoned Mine Lands Reclamation Project - San Luis Valley Field Office
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...