BLM-(MT), Montana, North Dakota and South Dakota Noxious Weed Control
The summary for the BLM-(MT), Montana, North Dakota and South Dakota Noxious Weed Control grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BLM-(MT), Montana, North Dakota and South Dakota Noxious Weed Control: Background: The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) and several counties in Montana, North Dakota and South Dakota have long standing relationships to control noxious weeds on public lands. These cooperative working relationships have resulted in more efficient management and control of noxious weeds and invasive species that destroy wildlife habitat, reduce livestock forage, degrade riparian zones and watersheds, displace native plant and animal species, including threatened, endangered, and sensitive species, create fire hazards in forests and rangelands, poison and injure livestock and humans, degrade recreation sites from use, and increase soil erosion. Objectives: To control, reduce the spread of, and prevent the further invasion and establishment of noxious weeds using the most economical, appropriate and effective weed control methods available. These agreements provide the basis for the BLM, with the overall authority to carry out weed management actions on public lands, adjacent cooperators lands, and private and State lands within multiple counties in the three state area to work together in order to eradicate and manage undesirable plant species. Public Benefit: The recipients and BLM will work together with private and non-federal landowners to prevent, contain and control the spread of noxious weeds. Because these plants move rapidly from one owner's land to another, joint efforts to eradicate, contain or control noxious weeds will reduce adverse impacts on public and private lands. As the recipients treat weeds on private lands in an area, the ability to reimburse the recipients for weed control efforts on adjacent public lands makes for more efficient and effective control of noxious weeds in an area. Additionally, the recipients will assist the BLM with weed education and bio-control efforts.
|Federal Grant Title:||BLM-(MT), Montana, North Dakota and South Dakota Noxious Weed Control|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management (DOI-BLM)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L17AS00031|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||April 11th, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||April 11th, 2017|
|Posted Date:||February 10th, 2017|
|Creation Date:||February 10th, 2017|
|Archive Date:||February 10th, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:||$159,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$159,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||8|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||February 10th, 2017|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Click the RELATED DOCUMENTS tab above to retrieve the Full Announcement and Application Instructions.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grants Management Specialist Brittney Linford (406) 896-5188
- Similar Government Grants
- • ORWA 2019 Invasive and Noxious Plant Management Master Funding Opportunity
- • BLM Idaho 2019 Invasive and Noxious Plant Mangement
- • AZ Invasive and Noxious Plant Management
- • BLM NM Noxious and Invasive Plant Managemnt
- • BLM-CO: Strengthening Partnerships for Invasive and Noxious Plant Management
- • Lower Grande Ronde River Noxious Weed Project
- • Northeast Oregon Noxious Weed Project
- • Northwest Weed Management Partnership
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...
- • NM Oil and Gas Inspection and Enforcement (I & E) Program
- • BLM FY2020 Bureau-wide Management Studies Support Program for National Conservation Lands