BLM OR-WA Klamath Falls Resource Area Integrated Weed Management Program
The summary for the BLM OR-WA Klamath Falls Resource Area Integrated Weed Management Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BLM OR-WA Klamath Falls Resource Area Integrated Weed Management Program: The Bureau of Land Management has partnered with various organizations to restore watersheds and improve native vegetation communities throughout the Klamath Falls Resource Area. Past efforts have included close collaboration with Klamath County Department of Public Works, Weed Control Division (Klamath County) who has conducted weed surveys, removal efforts and monitoring within Klamath County for decades. There is a need to continue with an Integrated Weed Management Program (IWMP) in order to restore native habitats. The Klamath Falls Resource Area IWMP area covers approximately 225,000 acres of checker boarded land ownerships consisting of BLM, USFS, Department of State Lands and private lands. Surveys have taken place and infestations have been found on all four of the ownerships. Klamath County has been treating infestations on private, USFS and Department of State Lands adjacent to BLM managed land in the IWMP area. Managing these infestations effectively will involve continual coordination and cooperative planning.
|Federal Grant Title:||BLM OR-WA Klamath Falls Resource Area Integrated Weed Management Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management (DOI-BLM)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L17AS00087|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||July 5th, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||July 5th, 2017|
|Posted Date:||May 5th, 2017|
|Creation Date:||May 5th, 2017|
|Archive Date:||May 5th, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:||$25,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$25,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||May 5th, 2017|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Click on Package tab above to download full announcement instructions and application package.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grants Management Specialist Shelli Timmons (503) 808-6295
NOFO BLM OR/WA Klamath Falls Resource Area Integrated Weed Management Program
- Similar Government Grants
- • ORWA 2019 Invasive and Noxious Plant Management Master Funding Opportunity
- • BLM Idaho 2019 Invasive and Noxious Plant Mangement
- • AZ Invasive and Noxious Plant Management
- • BLM NM Noxious and Invasive Plant Managemnt
- • BLM-CO: Strengthening Partnerships for Invasive and Noxious Plant Management
- • Lower Grande Ronde River Noxious Weed Project
- • Northeast Oregon Noxious Weed Project
- • Northwest Weed Management Partnership
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...
- • NM Oil and Gas Inspection and Enforcement (I & E) Program
- • BLM FY2020 Bureau-wide Management Studies Support Program for National Conservation Lands