BLM OR-WA Malheur County Noxious Weed Partnership
The summary for the BLM OR-WA Malheur County Noxious Weed Partnership grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BLM OR-WA Malheur County Noxious Weed Partnership: The BLM and Malheur County have been involved in a weed management partnership for many years. In 2009, the BLM entered into an Assistance Agreement with the County to expand the work of the partnership and broaden the scope to include inventory and monitoring as well as weed control. BLM is a strong partner and relies on Malheur County to accomplish activities leading to the control/eradication of new and existing noxious weeds, monitoring and follow up on previous years¿ treatments including restoration, inventory and mapping of weed infestations, and public education. The Snake and Owyhee Rivers have designated wild and scenic sections with unique resources which includes critical habitat for several T and E and sensitive plant and animal species including, but not limited to, sage grouse, salmon, bull trout, redband trout, steelhead, bighorn sheep, and Snake River goldenweed. These resources are threatened by the invasion of noxious weeds, especially salt cedar in the river corridors and tributaries. An emphasis would be placed on keeping currently weed free areas weed free, and controlling existing populations of weeds to prevent them from spreading to new areas. Inventory and monitoring would be ongoing and restoration efforts would be implemented where natural recovery of a desirable plant community is unlikely. This project is to restore and maintain healthy lands across Malheur County in SE Oregon through existing cooperative Weed Management Areas (WMA) and partnerships aimed at controlling the spread of noxious weeds through prevention, early detection and rapid response utilizing biological, chemical and mechanical treatments, monitoring, and inventory.
|Federal Grant Title:||BLM OR-WA Malheur County Noxious Weed Partnership|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L14AS00168|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Invasive and Noxious Plant Management|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 18, 2014|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 18, 2014|
|Posted Date:||Jun 20, 2014|
|Creation Date:||Jun 20, 2014|
|Archive Date:||Jun 19, 2015|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$258,803|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- County governments
- Grant Announcement Contact
- SheriDowley, Grants Management Specialist, 503-808-6243
Malheur County Weeds
Bureau of Land Management 801-539-4178
- Similar Government Grants
- • Montana/Dakotas Invasive and Noxious Management
- • Nevada Invasive and Noxious Management
- • FY20 Alaska BLM Noxious and Invasive Plant Management Program
- • NM Invasive and Noxious Plant Management
- • BLM Idaho Invasive and Noxious Plant Management
- • Lower Grande Ronde River Noxious Weed Project
- • Northeast Oregon Noxious Weed Project
- • Northwest Weed Management Partnership
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM-CO Youth Conservation Opportunities on Public Lands
- • BLM-CO Abandoned Mine Lands Reclamation Project - San Luis Valley Field Office
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...