BLM OR/WA Watershed Restoration and Noxious Weed Treatment, Education and Outreach Medford and Roseburg Districts, Oregon
The summary for the BLM OR/WA Watershed Restoration and Noxious Weed Treatment, Education and Outreach Medford and Roseburg Districts, Oregon grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BLM OR/WA Watershed Restoration and Noxious Weed Treatment, Education and Outreach Medford and Roseburg Districts, Oregon: The purpose of this project is to control the spread on noxious weed populations within the portions of Medford and Roseburg District BLM which fall within the northernmost portions of Josephine and all of Douglas County, Oregon - both on federally and non-federally managed lands. There are numerous noxious weeds that may occur within these boundaries. Himalayan blackberry, brooms, knapweeds, knotweeds, yellow star thistle, gorse, Canada and bull thistle, puncturevine, Scotch thistle, toadflax, Paterson's Curse, whitetop, wooly distaff thistle, and English hawthorn are spreading throughout the West by many methods (vehicles, animals, wind, quarry materials (fill dirt, gravel) etc). In some areas, the establishment of these species is still small and isolated. It is at this critical time that control is most likely to succeed, while keeping costs to a minimum. Federal, State and local agencies have been working for several years to control these weeds. Continuation of this effort is extremely important in order to not lose ground that has been gained. Several methods of control may be utilized. In addition, public education and outreach efforts will be carried out with the goal of increasing awareness of menace weed species, effective methods of control, and site restoration after weeds have been removed.
|Federal Grant Title:||BLM OR/WA Watershed Restoration and Noxious Weed Treatment, Education and Outreach Medford and Roseburg Districts, Oregon|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L13AS00235|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Invasive and Noxious Plant Management|
|Current Application Deadline:||Sep 06, 2013|
|Original Application Deadline:||Sep 06, 2013|
|Posted Date:||Aug 28, 2013|
|Creation Date:||Aug 28, 2013|
|Archive Date:||Aug 27, 2014|
|Total Program Funding:||$950,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$163,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Jessica Clark, 503-808-6226
Watershed Restoration and Noxious Weed Treatment, Education and Outreach
Bureau of Land Management 801-539-4178
- Similar Government Grants
- • Montana/Dakotas Invasive and Noxious Management
- • Nevada Invasive and Noxious Management
- • FY20 Alaska BLM Noxious and Invasive Plant Management Program
- • NM Invasive and Noxious Plant Management
- • BLM Idaho Invasive and Noxious Plant Management
- • Lower Grande Ronde River Noxious Weed Project
- • Northeast Oregon Noxious Weed Project
- • Northwest Weed Management Partnership
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM-CO Youth Conservation Opportunities on Public Lands
- • BLM-CO Abandoned Mine Lands Reclamation Project - San Luis Valley Field Office
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...