Biomonitoring Legacy and Emerging Great Lakes Contaminants in Susceptible Great Lakes Populations
The summary for the Biomonitoring Legacy and Emerging Great Lakes Contaminants in Susceptible Great Lakes Populations grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the ATSDR, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Biomonitoring Legacy and Emerging Great Lakes Contaminants in Susceptible Great Lakes Populations: The purposes of this FOA is for the awardee to conduct a biomonitoring program to assess body burden of legacy contaminants and chemicals of emerging concern in susceptible Great Lakes populations in areas not monitored previously under CDC-RFA-TS10-1001 and CDC-RFA-TS13-1302 cooperative agreement programs. Determining which contaminants are getting into human populations informs public health officials and guides environmental public health action throughout the Great Lakes restoration process.
|Federal Grant Title:||Biomonitoring Legacy and Emerging Great Lakes Contaminants in Susceptible Great Lakes Populations|
|Federal Agency Name:||ATSDR|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-TS16-1601|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Health Program for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry|
|Current Application Deadline:||Feb 1, 2016|
|Original Application Deadline:||Feb 1, 2016|
|Posted Date:||Oct 23, 2015|
|Creation Date:||Oct 23, 2015|
|Archive Date:||Mar 2, 2016|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,600,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$895,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$500,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible primary applicants for this FOA are limited to state, local and tribal governments in eight states (Illinois, Indiana, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Minnesota, and Wisconsin) and their Bona Fide Agents. Health departments in state, local and tribal governments in these eight states are uniquely qualified to work toward the purpose of the FOA: conducting an applied public health project to assess chemical exposure in Great Lakes populations and to
advance public health actions to protect people in the Great Lakes basin.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Technical Information Management Section
Department of Health and Human Services
CDC Procurement and Grants Office
2920 Brandywine Road, MS E-14
Atlanta, GA 30341
- Similar Government Grants
- • Pediatric Environmental Health Specialty Units (PEHSU)
- • National Environmental Medicine Education and Consultation Project (NEMECP)
- • Pediatric Environmental Health Specialty Unit (PEHSU) Program
- • Community Health Projects Related to Contamination at Brownfield/Land Reuse Sites (ATSDR C...
- • Community Health Projects Related to Contamination at Brownfield/Land Reuse Sites
- • Program to Facilitate Environmental Justice in Minority and Underserved Communities
- • Program to Build Capacity to Conduct Environmental Health Education Activities
- • Program to Build Capacity to Conduct Environmental Medicine and Health Education Activitie...