Biophysical and Biomechanical Aspects of Embryonic Development (R21)
The summary for the Biophysical and Biomechanical Aspects of Embryonic Development (R21) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Biophysical and Biomechanical Aspects of Embryonic Development (R21): This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is intended to encourage innovative and high risk/impact research in the area of physics/mechanics of embryonic development to be explored in model organisms. The research proposed under this program can explore approaches and concepts new to the area of developmental tissue mechanics, research and development of new technologies, or initial research and development of data upon which significant future research may be built. The focus of this FOA is to promote research aimed at generating new and critical information about tissue mechanics relevant to vertebrate development and understanding the basis for developmental disorders. While minimal or no preliminary data are expected to be described, applications should clearly indicate the significance of the proposed work, that the proposed research and/or development is scientifically sound, that the qualifications of the investigators are appropriate, and that resources available to the investigators are adequate.
|Federal Grant Title:||Biophysical and Biomechanical Aspects of Embryonic Development (R21)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Health Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-13-206|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cardiovascular Diseases Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||Sep 17, 2015|
|Original Application Deadline:||Sep 17, 2015|
|Posted Date:||Apr 22, 2013|
|Creation Date:||Apr 22, 2013|
|Archive Date:||Oct 18, 2015|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISISs); Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession; Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are eligible to apply. Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are eligible to apply. Foreign components, as defined in the NIH Grants Policy Statement, are allowed.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Bench to Bassinet Program Administrative Coordinating Center (U01 - Clinical Trial Not All...
- • Pediatric Cardiac Genomics Consortium (U01 - Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Cardiovascular Developmental Biology Data Resource Center (U01 - Clinical Trial Not Allowe...
- • Senator Paul D. Wellstone Muscular Dystrophy Specialized Research Centers (MDSRC) (P50)
- • Disparities Elimination through Coordinated Interventions to Prevent and Control Heart and...
- • The Relationship Between Hypertension and Inflammation
- • Community-Responsive Interventions to Reduce Cardiovascular Risk in American Indians and A...
- • Weight Loss in Obese Adults with Cardiovascular Risk Factors: Clinical Interventions (U01)
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...