Blueprint Medtech: Small Business Translator (U44 - Clinical Trial Optional)
The summary for the Blueprint Medtech: Small Business Translator (U44 - Clinical Trial Optional) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Blueprint Medtech: Small Business Translator (U44 - Clinical Trial Optional): The purpose of this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is to encourage applications from Small Business Concerns (SBCs) to pursue translational activities and limited-size clinical studies to advance the development of therapeutic and diagnostic devices for disorders that affect the nervous or neuromuscular systems. Activities supported in this program include implementation of clinical prototype devices, non-clinical safety and effectivenesting, design verification and validation activities leading to submission of an Investigational Device Exemption (IDE) to the FDA or Institutional Review Board (IRB) application for a Non-Significant Risk (NSR) study. The clinical study is expected to provide information about the device function or final design that cannot be practically obtained through additional non-clinical assessments (e.g., bench top or animal studies) due to the novelty of the device or its intended use. This FOA is a milestone-driven cooperative agreement program and will involve participation of NIH program staff in negotiating the final project plan before award and monitoring of research progress. Participants in Blueprint MedTech receive funding for all activities to be conducted in their own laboratories. In addition, applicants will collaborate with NIH-funded consultants to receive assistance with specialty areas including regulatory, reimbursement, intellectual property, commercialization, and strategic partnerships. Participants can also augment their project with NIH contract research organizations that specialize in large animal testing, sterilization testing, biocompatibility assessment, manufacturing, and medical monitoring. SBCs developing their own devices or that already have established collaborations with device manufacturers are welcome to apply directly to this FOA or any of the companion opportunities. For more information see: https://neuroscienceblueprint.nih.gov/neurotherapeutics/blueprint-medtech
|Federal Grant Title:||Blueprint Medtech: Small Business Translator (U44 - Clinical Trial Optional)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health (HHS-NIH11)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-21-282|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||June 20th, 2024|
|Original Application Deadline:||June 20th, 2024|
|Posted Date:||August 20th, 2021|
|Creation Date:||August 20th, 2021|
|Archive Date:||July 26th, 2024|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||January 21st, 2022|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For-profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISISs); Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
See Section VII. Agency Contacts within the full opportunity announcement for all other inquires.
- Similar Government Grants
- • Blood Brain Barrier Response to Antibodies Targeting Beta-Amyloid (R01 - Clinical Trial No...
- • Alzheimer's Disease (AD) and AD-Related Dementias (ADRD) Real-World Data Platform (U54 Cli...
- • Using Multimodal Biomarkers to Differentially Diagnose ADRDs for Clinical Trials (U19 Clin...
- • NIH SIREN Neurologic Clinical Trials (UG3/UH3 - Clinical Trial Required)
- • Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Intermediate Patient Population Expanded Access (U01 C...
- • NINDS Cooperative Small Business Awards In Translational Research (SBIR/U44)
- • NINDS Institutional Center Core Grants to Support Neuroscience Research
- • Career Development Award to Promote Diversity in Neuroscience Research
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • NIH Administrative Supplements to Recover Losses due to Hurricanes Fiona and Ian Under the...
- • Biological Testing Facility (X01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Research With Activities Related to Diversity (ReWARD) (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • BRAIN Initiative: New Technologies and Novel Approaches for Recording and Modulation in th...
- • BRAIN Initiative: Optimization of Instrumentation and Device Technologies for Recording an...