Cancer Education (R25E) Grants Program
The summary for the Cancer Education (R25E) Grants Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Cancer Education (R25E) Grants Program: - Educational and research dissemination activities are essential components of NCI's efforts to reduce morbidity and mortality due to cancer. -This funding opportunity provides support: for innovative educational programs to motivate biomedical and other health science students to pursue cancer related careers; for short courses to update cancer research scientists in new scientific methods, technologies and findings; and for training of cancer care clinicians and community health care providers in evidence-based cancer prevention and control approaches. - The funding opportunity also supports grants to develop effective approaches to dissemination of research knowledge related to cancer prevention and control. In this funding opportunity research dissemination refers to innovative education approaches designed to translate knowledge gained from science (discovery) into public health and community applications (delivery). - Because the nature and scope of the proposed educational approach will vary from application to application, it is anticipated that the size and duration of each award will also vary. The total amount awarded and the number of awards will depend upon the numbers, quality, duration, and costs of the applications received. - This funding opportunity uses the R25 mechanism to provide up to five years of funding at up to $300,000 per year in direct costs. - Eligible organizations include for-profit and not-for-profit, public or private organizations, units of state and local governments, eligible agencies of the Federal Government, domestic institutions/organizations, faith-based or community-based organizations, and Native American tribal organizations. - Eligible principal investigators are any individuals with the skills, knowledge, and resources necessary to carry out the proposed research. - The number of non-overlapping applications each applicant organization may submit is unrestricted. - The PHS 398 application instructions are available at http://grants.nih.gov/grants/funding/phs398/phs398.html in an interactive format. For further assistance contact GrantsInfo, Telephone (301) 435-0714, Email: GrantsInfo@nih.gov. - For the hearing impaired, telecommunications are available at: TTY 301-451-0088.
|Federal Grant Title:||Cancer Education (R25E) Grants Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-05-065|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cancer Research Manpower|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to Full Announce|
|Posted Date:||Mar 08, 2005|
|Creation Date:||Aug 30, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Sep 30, 2006|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$300,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments Private institutions of higher education Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) County governments For profit organizations other than small businesses City or township governments Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Independent school districts Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Special district governments Small businesses Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible agencies of the Federal Government are eligible to apply. Foreign institutions are not eligible to apply. Eligibility to apply for a grant is limited to domestic institutions.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Informatics Technology for Cancer Research Education Center (UE5 Clinical Trials Not Allow...
- • The NCI Predoctoral to Postdoctoral Fellow Transition Award (F99/K00)
- • Paul Calabresi Career Development Award for Clinical Oncology (K12 Clinical Trial Optional...
- • NCI Awardee Skills Development Consortium: Program Logistics and Evaluation Coordinating C...
- • NCI Awardee Skills Development Consortium: Research Education Short Courses (UE5 Clinical ...
- • NCI Transition Career Development Award to Promote Diversity
- • Cancer Prevention, Control, Behavioral and Population Sciences Career Development Award
- • Paul Calabresi Award for Clinical Oncology (K12)
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...