NCI Transition Career Development Award to Promote Diversity
The summary for the NCI Transition Career Development Award to Promote Diversity grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
NCI Transition Career Development Award to Promote Diversity: The Comprehensive Minority Biomedical Branch (CMBB), Office of Centers, Training and Resources (OCTR), Office of the Deputy Director for Extramural Sciences (ODDES), National Cancer Institute (NCI), invites transition career development award applications from recipients of the NCI Mentored Career Development Award for Underrepresented Minorities or from advanced postdoctoral and/or newly independent research scientists representative of groups underrepresented in biomedical, behavioral, clinical, or social sciences. The purpose of the NCI Transition Career Development Award to Promote Diversity (K22) is to provide "protected time" for recipients to develop and receive support for their initial cancer research program. This award is intended to facilitate the transition of underrepresented postdoctoral research scientists from the mentored to the independent stages of their careers in cancer research. The unique feature of this award is that the indivi! duals may apply without a sponsoring institution while they are still in a mentored position.
|Federal Grant Title:||NCI Transition Career Development Award to Promote Diversity|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-05-011|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cancer Research Manpower|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jan 02, 2008 Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to|
|Posted Date:||Nov 09, 2004|
|Creation Date:||Dec 17, 2007|
|Archive Date:||Jan 17, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,600,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||10|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments County governments Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) For profit organizations other than small businesses Independent school districts Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Small businesses Private institutions of higher education Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Special district governments Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities City or township governments Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible agencies of the Federal Government are eligible to apply. Foreign institutions are not eligible to apply. The institution must be able to demonstrate a commitment to the development of the research careers of junior underrepresented minority research scientists in biomedical cancer research.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Informatics Technology for Cancer Research Education Center (UE5 Clinical Trials Not Allow...
- • The NCI Predoctoral to Postdoctoral Fellow Transition Award (F99/K00)
- • Paul Calabresi Career Development Award for Clinical Oncology (K12 Clinical Trial Optional...
- • NCI Awardee Skills Development Consortium: Program Logistics and Evaluation Coordinating C...
- • NCI Awardee Skills Development Consortium: Research Education Short Courses (UE5 Clinical ...
- • Cancer Education (R25E) Grants Program
- • Cancer Prevention, Control, Behavioral and Population Sciences Career Development Award
- • Paul Calabresi Award for Clinical Oncology (K12)
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...