Cancer Intervention and Surveillance Modeling Network (CISNET) Incubator Program for New Cancer Sites (U01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
The summary for the Cancer Intervention and Surveillance Modeling Network (CISNET) Incubator Program for New Cancer Sites (U01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Cancer Intervention and Surveillance Modeling Network (CISNET) Incubator Program for New Cancer Sites (U01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed): Through this funding opportunity announcement (FOA), the National Cancer Institute (NCI) invites multiple-PD/PI applications for collaborative research projects that will comprise a new incubator program within the Cancer Intervention and Surveillance Modeling Network (CISNET). The overarching goal of this FOA is to expand comparative simulation modeling approaches developed by CISNET to cancer sites beyond the sites which have been previously funded under CISNET (breast, colorectal, prostate, lung, esophageal, and cervical). This "incubator" FOA is open to any cancer site beyond these sites. Specifically, this program aims to translate CISNETs framework of success to cancer sites that are not already part of the CISNET and for which there has been nascent/limited population modeling and little to no comparative modeling. For this FOA, "incubate" refers to accelerating the development and application of CISNET-type models for new cancer sites. Accelerating the development of comparative simulation modeling approaches for new cancer sites beyond those already funded is expected to generate sophisticated, evidence-based decision tools that could inform decisions on the most efficient utilization of existing and emerging technologies and strategies for the control of proposed cancers. While open to all qualified investigators, to encourage broad participation from population modelers in cancer control, this FOA will allow no more than one Principal Investigator who is funded under the CISNET FOA RFA-CA-19-054 to also be a Principal Investigator on each Incubator application.
|Federal Grant Title:||Cancer Intervention and Surveillance Modeling Network (CISNET) Incubator Program for New Cancer Sites (U01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health (HHS-NIH11)|
|Grant Categories:||Education, Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-CA-20-043|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Numbers:||93.393, 93.394, 93.395, 93.396, 93.399|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||January 20th, 2021|
|Original Application Deadline:||January 20th, 2021|
|Posted Date:||September 18th, 2020|
|Creation Date:||September 18th, 2020|
|Archive Date:||February 25th, 2021|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||September 18th, 2020|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For-profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISISs); Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Administrative Resource...
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Research Resource (U24)...
- • New Cohorts for Environmental Exposures and Cancer Risk (CEECR; UG3/UH3 Clinical Trial Not...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH2/UH3 Clinical ...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH3 Clinical Tria...