Cancer Prevention and Control Activities
The summary for the Cancer Prevention and Control Activities grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Cancer Prevention and Control Activities: The purpose of the program is to assist with the following: developing and disseminating current national, state, and community-based comprehensive information on cancer prevention (including addressing risk factors such as tobacco use, poor nutrition and lack of physical activity), early detection, diagnosis, treatment, and survivorship (including cancer survivors, their family members, friends, and caregivers); developing and disseminating professional education programs; promoting the analysis and development of evaluation, surveillance and research data, and its translation into public health messages, practice and programs; and, facilitating the exchange of expertise and coordination of programmatic efforts related to cancer prevention and control among a variety of public, private, and not-for-profit agencies at the national, state, tribal, territory and community level.
|Federal Grant Title:||Cancer Prevention and Control Activities|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-DP08-814|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention_Investigations and Technical Assistance|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 11, 2008|
|Posted Date:||Jun 12, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Jun 12, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Sep 10, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:||$850,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$850,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants that can apply for this funding opportunity are listed below: Applications may be submitted by national: . Public nonprofit organizations . Private nonprofit organizations . Faith-based organizations. National organizations serve as an umbrella organization for their constituents (regional, state or local chapters or memberships) and provide a unique opportunity to address cancer prevention and control using a comprehensive approach.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CDC Procurement and Grants Office
Technical Information Management
Phone 770-488-2700 PGOTIM@cdc.gov PGO Technical Information Management
- Similar Government Grants
- • National Foundation for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • Strengthening the Nation's Public Health Communication Infrastructure to Respond to C...
- • Technical Collaboration to Strengthen and Expand Capacity to Assess, Prevent, and Mitigate...
- • Advancing the Centers of Excellence in Newcomer Health
- • Epidemiology of Lupus: Longitudinal Studies in Population-Based Cohorts
- • Postdoctoral Fellowship Training Program in Infectious Diseases
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Improve the Interaction Between Public Health Academicians and ...
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Strengthen Collaboration Between the Disciplines of Academic Me...
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2