Cancer Survivorship Resource Center
The summary for the Cancer Survivorship Resource Center grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Cancer Survivorship Resource Center: The purpose of the program is to support the development and the expansion of activities completed under the previous cooperative agreement Program Announcement AA1611 "LIVE STRONG" Cancer Survivorship Resource Center, which supported the development of a "National Action Plan for Cancer Survivorship: Advancing Public Health Strategies". This is a public health practice cooperative agreement with a five year project period. The successful implementation of the program will result in a domestic National Cancer Survivorship Resource Center enhancing the development, implementation, and evaluation of strategies within the National Action Plan for Cancer Survivorship: Advancing Public Health Strategies. This program addresses the "Healthy People 2010" and "Healthy People 2020" focus area Cancer: 3-1 Reduce the overall cancer death rate; and Objective 3-15 and 11, - Increase the proportion of cancer survivors who are living 5 years or longer after diagnosis.
|Federal Grant Title:||Cancer Survivorship Resource Center|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-DP10-1015|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention_Investigations and Technical Assistance|
|Current Application Deadline:||Aug 02, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 02, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Jun 22, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Jun 22, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Sep 01, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$850,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$850,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Assistance will be provided only to a domestic organization that has demonstrated the ability to educate people living with cancer, their friends and family, and health care professionals about battling cancer through the implementation of strategies within the National Action Plan for Cancer Survivorship: Advancing Public Health Strategies National Survivorship. An eligible applicant will have demonstrated a history of serving as a cornerstone bridging cancer survivorship and public health impacting more than 25 million people around the world living with cancer and is widely recognized for the development of a variety of educational resources, community programs, survivorship center, national partnerships, advocacy and research. An eligible applicant will have a history of providing high quality educational information, case management, referral and patient navigation services to those affected by cancer. An eligible applicant will have a Cancer Survivorship Resources Center infrastructure established which is uniquely positioned to provide education and outreach to build awareness of cancer, utilization of services among cancer survivors and their families, and to assist large numbers of survivors in their understanding of some of the physical, emotional, and practical issues that may be part of coping with the disease.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CDC Procurement and Grants Office grants Phone 770-488-2700
- Similar Government Grants
- • National Foundation for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • Strengthening the Nation's Public Health Communication Infrastructure to Respond to C...
- • Technical Collaboration to Strengthen and Expand Capacity to Assess, Prevent, and Mitigate...
- • Advancing the Centers of Excellence in Newcomer Health
- • Epidemiology of Lupus: Longitudinal Studies in Population-Based Cohorts
- • Postdoctoral Fellowship Training Program in Infectious Diseases
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Improve the Interaction Between Public Health Academicians and ...
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Strengthen Collaboration Between the Disciplines of Academic Me...
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2