Center for Early Care and Education Research: Dual Language Learners
The summary for the Center for Early Care and Education Research: Dual Language Learners grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration for Children and Families, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Center for Early Care and Education Research: Dual Language Learners: Funds are provided by the Office of Planning, Research and Evaluation (OPRE) for the creation of a Center for Research in Early Care and Education to focus on dual language learners (DLLs) from birth through 5 years of age and their families. The Center will provide leadership and collaborate with researchers from diverse areas of expertise in order (a) to improve the state of knowledge and measurement in early childhood research on young DLLs and the needs of their families as these relate to children's development, and (b) to identify and advance the evidence base for the best practices and strategies in early care and education programming to support the overall development of young DLLs and to effectively support their families. Settings to be considered include early care and education center-based programs, home-based and family child care providers, and Head Start and Early Head Start programs. Populations to receive particular attention include children in families who speak languages other than English, with low-income status and/or other social disadvantages, such as limited educational attainment or residence in economically disadvantaged areas. The Center will be funded through a cooperative agreement which is part of larger OPRE research efforts related to Child Care Bureau (CCB) and Office of Head Start (OHS) priorities. A recent effort that is closely related to the one described in this announcement and presents approaches to DLL research and programmatic questions relevant to CCB and OHS is Supporting Positive Language and Literacy Development in Young Language Minority Children: Research, Policy, and Practice (ACF, 2008c) http://www.childcareresearch.org/Discover?displayPage=meetings%5Cell%5Cindex.jsp.
|Federal Grant Title:
|Center for Early Care and Education Research: Dual Language Learners
|Federal Agency Name:
|Administration for Children and Families
|Income Security and Social Services
|Type of Opportunity:
|Funding Opportunity Number:
|Type of Funding:
|Social Services Research and Demonstration
|Current Application Deadline:
|Jun 15, 2009
|Original Application Deadline:
|Jun 15, 2009
|Apr 03, 2009
|Apr 03, 2009
|Jul 15, 2009
|Total Program Funding:
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:
|Expected Number of Awards:
|Cost Sharing or Matching:
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligibility is open to all types of domestic applicants other than individuals. Faith-based and community organizations are eligible to apply. Foreign entities are not eligible under this announcement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- ACF Applications Help [email protected]
ACF Applications Help Desk [[email protected]]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Medical-Legal Partnerships Plus (+)
- • Affordable Housing and Supportive Services Demonstration
- • Diaper Distribution Demonstration and Research Pilot
- • Behavioral Interventions Scholars
- • Federal-State Partnerships to Build Capacity in the Use of TANF and Related Administrative...
- • Child Development Research Fellowship Program
- • Self-Sufficiency Research Clearinghouse
- More Grants from the Administration for Children and Families
- • Tribal Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting Program Grants
- • Tribal Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting Program: Implementation and Exp...
- • Tribal Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting Program: Development and Implem...
- • American Rescue Plan Act Emergency Native Language Funding Opportunity Announcement
- • U.S. Repatriation Program