Centers for Agricultural Safety and Health (U54)
The summary for the Centers for Agricultural Safety and Health (U54) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Centers for Agricultural Safety and Health (U54): The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)/Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) invites applications for Centers for Agricultural Safety and Health (Ag Centers). Ag Centers are expected to conduct high quality research and help translate scientific discoveries into practical applications to improve worker safety and health in the areas of agriculture, forestry, and fishing. Center functions should include developing integrated approaches that link basic science with translation and outreach activities. Center structure should take advantage of diverse scientific resources and focus on local, regional, and/or national worker safety and health issues. Centers should place emphasis on the creation and implementation of evidence-based solutions that address important agricultural safety and health problems. Collaborations with other academic institutions, nonprofit organizations, and other occupational safety and health focused groups are expected. Applicants must concisely describe the occupational health burden within their service area and directly link research and outreach activities to help alleviate the burden. Applicants should also clearly articulate the anticipated impacts of the proposed work, both during the project period and beyond.
|Federal Grant Title:||Centers for Agricultural Safety and Health (U54)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-15-353|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Occupational Safety and Health Program|
|Current Application Deadline:||Nov 30, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||Nov 30, 2017|
|Posted Date:||Sep 25, 2015|
|Creation Date:||Sep 25, 2015|
|Archive Date:||Dec 30, 2017|
|Total Program Funding:||$13,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,350,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$750,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||15|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Higher Education Institutions
•Public/State Controlled Institutions of Higher Education
•Private Institutions of Higher Education
The following types of Higher Education Institutions are always encouraged to apply for NIH support as Public or Private Institutions of Higher Education:
•Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs)
•Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs)
•Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions
•Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISIs)
Nonprofits Other Than Institutions of Higher Education
•Nonprofits with 501(c)(3) IRS Status (Other than Institutions of Higher Education)
•Nonprofits without 501(c)(3) IRS Status (Other than Institutions of Higher Education)
•For-Profit Organizations (Other than Small Businesses)
•City or Township Governments
•Special District Governments
•Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Federally Recognized)
•Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized)
•U.S. Territory or Possession
•Independent School Districts
•Public Housing Authorities/Indian Housing Authorities
•Native American Tribal Organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
•Faith-based or Community-based Organizations
Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are not eligible to apply.
Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are not eligible to apply.
Foreign components, as defined in the NIH Grants Policy Statement, are not allowed.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 404-498-2015
- Similar Government Grants
- • Cooperative Research Agreements Related to the World Trade Center Health Program (U01)
- • State Occupational Safety and HealthSurveillance Program (U60)
- • NIOSH Centers of Excellence for Total Worker Health® (U19)
- • Exploratory/Developmental Grants Related to the World Trade Center Health Program (R21)
- • Extension of the World Trade Center Health Registry
- • Career Development Grants in Occupational Safety and Health Research (K01)
- • World Trade Center Health Consortium
- • Mining Safety and Health Training and Translation Center
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2