Changing Tides: A Virtual Field Trip
The summary for the Changing Tides: A Virtual Field Trip grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Park Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Changing Tides: A Virtual Field Trip: Bringing some of the fascinating, remote resources and research along the Katmai and Lake Clark coastlines into classrooms around the world, we will capitalize on the Changing Tides project, an ongoing Coastal Settlement-funded collaboration centered at Lake Clark and Katmai National Parks, to create a â¿¿virtual field trip (VFT),â¿ a long-term, broad-reaching curriculum-based outreach product. The VFT for Changing Tides will consist of media-rich, curriculum-based web pages and lesson plans that allow any classroom in the world with web access to learn about and learn from this project. For those classrooms without the necessary bandwidth, this VFT will be available on a DVD or USB flash drive. The VFT will be targeted at grades 5-8 and will illuminate important connections between the marine and terrestrial ecosystems while also highlighting the vulnerability of coastal resources to climate change and some of the associated consequences for terrestrial resources.
|Federal Grant Title:||Changing Tides: A Virtual Field Trip|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Park Service (DOI-NPS)|
|Grant Categories:||Education Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||P17AS00279|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 28th, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 28th, 2017|
|Posted Date:||May 22nd, 2017|
|Creation Date:||May 22nd, 2017|
|Archive Date:||May 29th, 2017|
|Total Program Funding:||$47,014|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$47,014|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||May 22nd, 2017|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Erica Cordeiro 907-644-3315
- Similar Government Grants
- • Ethnographic Overview and Traditional Associations Study of Channel Islands National Park ...
- • Prepare Historic Resources Study of Climbing for Joshua Tree National Park, California
- • Management techniques to enhance California prairie biodiversity
- • Conservation of native biodiversity in Southern California National Parks
- • Improve control strategies for invasive plants and fungal pathogens in Hawaii Volcanoes Na...
- • Historic Structure Analysis of Bowman-Hite House and Bank Barn, Cedar Creek and Belle Grov...
- • National Park Service- Catalog Southwest Regional Office Central Files
- • National Park Service- Archeological Testing at LA162528/PECO742, Pigeon's Ranch Subunit, ...
- More Grants from the National Park Service
- • Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Area
- • Essex National Heritage Area
- • Hudson River Valley National Heritage Area
- • Lackawanna Valley National Heritage Area
- • Susquehanna National Heritage Area