Closing the Health Disparity Gap for People with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities: Strengthening the U.S. Health Care Workforce
The summary for the Closing the Health Disparity Gap for People with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities: Strengthening the U.S. Health Care Workforce grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration for Community Living, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Closing the Health Disparity Gap for People with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities: Strengthening the U.S. Health Care Workforce: The Administration on Disabilities (AoD) seeks to fund one five-year cooperative agreement that will increase and accelerate current efforts to embed ID/DD content into medical and allied health school education programs. The goal of the project is to expand access to quality healthcare for individuals with ID/DD by increasing the ID/DD-specific knowledge, skills, attitudes, and competence of the health care workforce. By funding this project, AoD seeks to create greater health equity and increase life expectancy of the ID/DD population.
|Federal Grant Title:||Closing the Health Disparity Gap for People with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities: Strengthening the U.S. Health Care Workforce|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration for Community Living (HHS-ACL)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2020-ACL-AOD-DNHE-0416|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||June 29th, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||June 29th, 2020|
|Posted Date:||April 30th, 2020|
|Creation Date:||April 30th, 2020|
|Archive Date:||July 29th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$350,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$350,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$300,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||April 30th, 2020|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For-profit organizations other than small businesses
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign entities are not eligible to compete for, or receive, awards made under this announcement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Elizabeth Leef
- Similar Government Grants
- • Alternatives to Guardianship Youth Resource Center
- • Supported Decision Making Across the Lifespan Planning Grant
- • Human Dignity and Civil Rights for People with Disabilities
- • Living Well-Model Approaches for Enhancing the Quality, Effectiveness and Monitoring of Ho...
- • Access to Integrated Employment: National Data Collection on Day and Employment Services f...
- • Projects of National Significance: Family Support 360 for Military Families
- • Projects of National Significance: Family Support 360 Centers
- More Grants from the Administration for Community Living
- • Disaster Assistance for State Units on Aging (SUAs) and Tribal Organizations in Major Disa...
- • Lifespan Respite Care Program: Special Projects to Strengthen Program Development, Impleme...
- • Aging and Disability Resource Center/No Wrong Door System Funding Opportunity: Critical Re...
- • Centers for Independent Living Competition - Guam
- • Assistive Technology Alternative Financing Program