Commercial Fishing Occupational Safety Training Project Grants
The summary for the Commercial Fishing Occupational Safety Training Project Grants grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ERA, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Commercial Fishing Occupational Safety Training Project Grants: The goal of the training grant program is to enhance the quality and availability of safety training for United States commercial fishermen. Availability includes the frequency, geographic considerations, channels or partners of dissemination, culturally and/or educational appropriate training material, and other characteristics of a successful training program. As a result, the Coast Guard and NIOSH invite applications to support the development and implementation of training and education programs that: develop and deliver training which addresses the needs of commercial fishermen in the United States, provide qualified marine safety instructors, or otherwise accepted by the National Maritime Center instructors and faculty to conduct the training, evaluate the effectiveness and impact of the training program on reducing injuries among fishermen coordinate with existing training programs and partnerships with industry, fishermen, and agencies, and conform to 46 U.S.C. § 4502 (i) Safety Standards for commercial fishing safety training.
|Federal Grant Title:||Commercial Fishing Occupational Safety Training Project Grants|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ERA (HHS-CDC-HHSCDCERA)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-OH-19-005|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||February 21st, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||February 21st, 2019|
|Posted Date:||December 20th, 2018|
|Creation Date:||December 20th, 2018|
|Archive Date:||March 23rd, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:||$3,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$650,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$250,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||6|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
|Last Updated:||December 20th, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- William A. Robison
- Similar Government Grants
- • Commercial Fishing Occupational Safety Research Cooperative Agreement
- • Occupational Safety and Health Surveillance Collaboration, Education and Translation
- • National Center for Construction Safety and Health Research and Translation
- • Occupational Safety and Health Research (R01)
- • NIOSH Exploratory/Developmental Grant Program (R21)
- • Career Development Grants in Occupational Safety and Health Research (K01)
- • World Trade Center Health Consortium
- • Mining Safety and Health Training and Translation Center
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ERA
- • Modeling Infectious Diseases in Healthcare Research Projects to Improve Prevention Researc...
- • Detection and Characterization of Emerging Vector-Borne and Zoonotic Pathogens in Indonesi...
- • Enhanced Surveillance and Control of Arboviruses in Puerto Rico
- • Network of Modeling Centers to Improve Evidence Base for Seasonal and Pandemic Influenza P...
- • Epidemiology, Prevention, and Treatment of Influenza and Other Respiratory Infections in P...