Comprehensive Approaches to Sustaining the Health System and HIV Response in the Republic of Mozambique under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)
The summary for the Comprehensive Approaches to Sustaining the Health System and HIV Response in the Republic of Mozambique under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control - CGH, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Comprehensive Approaches to Sustaining the Health System and HIV Response in the Republic of Mozambique under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR): The Award Ceiling for Year 1 is 0 (none). CDC anticipates an Approximate Total Fiscal Year Funding amount of $30,000,000 for Year 1, subject to the availability of funds. Mozambique has a generalized HIV epidemic, predominantly based on heterosexual transmission. Although the number of people living with HIV/AIDS (PLHIV) receiving antiretroviral (ARV) has significantly increased in the past five years, the epidemic has taxed a fragile health system that has a limited health infrastructure. This NOFO will support key interventions for comprehensive HIV response throughout Mozambique, including voluntary medical male circumcision (VMMC), HIV testing and counseling (HTC), infection prevention and control, Tuberculosis/HIV (TB/HIV) integration, gender-based violence (GBV) prevention, and care and support for PLHIV. Activities supported through this NOFO will contribute toward the implementation of the national HIV response strategic plan by strengthening the capacity of Ministry of Health (MOH) and other host country organizations to deliver services in a sustained manner through clinical mentoring, retention strategies, training, and information systems at a national level. Funded activities will support the expansion of high-quality HIV prevention, care and treatment interventions in hospitals and clinics in Mozambique to ensure strong linkages for a robust continuum of response in multiple priority provinces and districts.
|Federal Grant Title:||Comprehensive Approaches to Sustaining the Health System and HIV Response in the Republic of Mozambique under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control - CGH (HHS-CDC-CGH)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-GH20-2058|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||February 21st, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||February 21st, 2020|
|Posted Date:||December 22nd, 2019|
|Creation Date:||December 22nd, 2019|
|Archive Date:||March 22nd, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$0|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||2|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||January 24th, 2020|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Emily Dale
- Similar Government Grants
- • Scaling Capacity in Strategic and Health Information Systems in Mozambique under the Presi...
- • Accelerating and Sustaining HIV Epidemic Control and Related Diseases in Western and West-...
- • Improving Quality of Care and Health Impact through Innovative Systems and Technologies in...
- • Achieving and Maintaining Epidemic Control through Comprehensive HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care...
- • Enhancing Strategic Information Capacity for HIV/AIDS Programs towards Sustaining Epidemic...
- • Expansion and Support of HIV/AIDS/STI/TB Information, Education, and Communication and Beh...
- • Increasing Access to HIV Counseling and Testing (VCT) and Enhancing HIV/AIDS Communication...
- • Cooperative Agreement for Global Capacity through Internation NGO Partnership
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control - CGH
- • Global Health Security Partnerships: Expanding and Improving Public Health Laboratory Stra...
- • Protecting and Improving Public Health Globally: Building and Strengthening Public Health ...
- • Tanzania Global Health Security Partner Engagement: Advancing Efforts and Strategies to Pr...
- • Advancing Ethiopias Capacity for Laboratory, Workforce Development, Surveillance, and Emer...
- • Strengthening Laboratory Systems to Establish Routine Laboratory based surveillance for Pr...