Conducting Public Health Research in South Africa
The summary for the Conducting Public Health Research in South Africa grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ERA, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Conducting Public Health Research in South Africa: The purpose of this project is to support the National Health Laboratory Service in their role as the only organization in South Africa with the ability to buildcapacity for emerging infectious disease detection and response through enhanced surveillance, research, and diagnostics.
|Federal Grant Title:||Conducting Public Health Research in South Africa|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ERA (HHS-CDC-HHSCDCERA)|
|Grant Categories:||Consumer Protection|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-GH-17-003|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||March 23rd, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||March 23rd, 2017|
|Posted Date:||December 2nd, 2016|
|Creation Date:||December 2nd, 2016|
|Archive Date:||April 22nd, 2017|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||December 2nd, 2016|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- The South Africa National Health Laboratory Service is the only eligible applicant.The South Africa National Health Laboratory Service (NHLS) is the only organization in South Africa that possesses the requisite legal authority, expertise, infrastructure capacity, and who has the primary responsibility within the South African government to address public health issues. These combined attributes make them uniquely qualified as the only organization eligible in South Africa for carrying out broad, comprehensive, and long-term public health research program activities proposed for this cooperative agreement.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have difficulty accessing the full announcement electronically, please contact:
Technical Information Management Section
CDC Office of Financial Resources
Office of Grants Services
2920 Brandywine Road, MS E-14
Atlanta, GA 30341
- Similar Government Grants
- • Advancing Infectious Disease Detection and Response in Liberia
- • Advancing Zoonotic Disease Detection through a One Health Approach in Ethiopia
- • Advancing Infectious Disease Detection and Response in Nigeria
- • Advancing Infectious Disease Detection and Response in Senegal
- • Conducting Public Health Research in Kenya
- • Conducting Public Health Research in Thailand: technical collaboration with the Ministry o...
- • Institutional Research Collaboration between the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine and...
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ERA
- • Modeling Infectious Diseases in Healthcare Research Projects to Improve Prevention Researc...
- • Detection and Characterization of Emerging Vector-Borne and Zoonotic Pathogens in Indonesi...
- • Enhanced Surveillance and Control of Arboviruses in Puerto Rico
- • Network of Modeling Centers to Improve Evidence Base for Seasonal and Pandemic Influenza P...
- • Epidemiology, Prevention, and Treatment of Influenza and Other Respiratory Infections in P...