Consortium Therapeutic Studies of Primary Central Nervous System Malignancies in Adults
The summary for the Consortium Therapeutic Studies of Primary Central Nervous System Malignancies in Adults grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Consortium Therapeutic Studies of Primary Central Nervous System Malignancies in Adults: The purpose of this RFA is for the Cancer Therapy Evaluation Program (CTEP) and the Radiation Research Program (RRP) of the Division of Cancer Treatment and Diagnosis (DCTD) at the National Cancer Institute (NCI) to invite the members of the North American Brain Tumor Consortium (NABTC) and the New Approaches to Brain Tumor Therapy (NABTT) consortium to submit new or competing continuation cooperative agreement applications. Each consortium of institutions will be referred to as a Central Nervous System Consortium (CNSC) for the purpose of this RFA. Members from both CNSCs will again be expected to perform Phase I and II clinical evaluations of promising new therapeutic agents or approaches for the treatment of primary CNS malignancies in adult patients, especially glioblastoma multiforme and other high-grade gliomas, and to perform ancillary laboratory studies of aspects of CNS tumor biology with potential clinical implications. The NCI desires to continue its support of talented scientists who will interact with other members of the consortium, and with NCI in a concerted way to conceive, create, and evaluate new approaches to the therapy of CNS tumors. The NCI anticipates continued funding of two CNSCs. Separate applications are requested from each current full and provisional member institution interested in continuing participation in their respective CNSC. Applications will only be accepted from current full and provisional member institutions of NABTC or NABTT. Each CNSC will include a single Central Operations Office/Coordinating Center responsible for meeting the administrative/regulatory requirements of the Consortium and for collecting/analyzing clinical data from participating institutions, a Pharmacokinetics Center, and a cohort of Participant Member Institutions providing patient resources. The proposed Central Operations Office/Coordinating Center of each CNSC should indicate which participating institutions will provide organizational support, scientific leadership, laboratory capabilities, and/or patient resources as well as pharmacokinetics expertise/facilities. Applications should indicate whether they are for the Central Operations Office/Coordinating Center, Pharmacokinetics Center, or Participant Member Institution providing patient resources. While a single application may propose only one of these roles, eligible institutions may submit separate applications for one or more of these different roles. It is anticipated that there will be only one application for the Central Operations Office/Coordinating Center of each CNSC. It is also anticipated that there will be only one application for the Pharmacokinetics Center of each CNSC.
|Federal Grant Title:||Consortium Therapeutic Studies of Primary Central Nervous System Malignancies in Adults|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Health Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-CA-04-001|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cancer Treatment Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 28, 2003|
|Posted Date:||Jan 23, 2003|
|Creation Date:||Apr 27, 2003|
|Archive Date:||Apr 27, 2003|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- County governments City or township governments Special district governments Independent school districts State governments Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education For profit organizations other than small businesses Small businesses Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster OERWebmaster@od.nih.gov NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Tobacco Control Policies to Promote Health Equity (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • Tobacco Control Policies to Promote Health Equity (R21 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • NCI Pediatric In Vivo Testing Program (U01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • NCI Pediatric In Vivo Testing Program Coordinating Center (U24 Clinical Trial Not Allowed...
- • Limited Competition: Childhood Cancer Survivor Study (U24 Clinical Trial Required)
- • Breast and Prostate Cancer Data Quality and Patterns of Care Study
- • National Cooperative Drug Discovery Groups for Cancer
- • Pediatric Phase 1/Pilot Consortium (U01)
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Administrative Resource...
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Research Resource (U24)...
- • New Cohorts for Environmental Exposures and Cancer Risk (CEECR; UG3/UH3 Clinical Trial Not...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH2/UH3 Clinical ...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH3 Clinical Tria...