Construction of a Regional Reference Laboratory in Leribe
The summary for the Construction of a Regional Reference Laboratory in Leribe grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Construction of a Regional Reference Laboratory in Leribe: Construction of New Regional Reference Laboratory adjacent to Motebang Hospital in Leribe, support laboratory infrastructure development and increase access to quality-assured diagnostic and patient monitoring tests under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR). The demand for testing services has doubled in recent years due to the increased in burden of HIV/TB co-epidemics, the expansion of the ART services and the need for increased culture and drug-sensitivity testing (DST). The Regional Laboratory will provide a safe and appropriate work environment to increase its general testing capacity and expand the range of specialty testing including microbial/TB culture and DST, patient monitoring and specialized molecular testing (early infant diagnosis and viral load assays). The Regional Reference Laboratory will serve as a regional reference testing center in the adjoining districts. It will improve quality of testing services, support operational research and trainings.
|Federal Grant Title:||Construction of a Regional Reference Laboratory in Leribe|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-GH12-1252|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Global AIDS|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 16, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 21, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Mar 23, 2012|
|Creation Date:||Mar 30, 2012|
|Archive Date:||Jun 20, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:||$3,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- The only eligible applicant that can apply for this funding opportunity is the Ministry of Health and Social Welfare (MOHSW). The MOHSW is the governmental agency responsible for safeguarding public health in Lesotho. The MOHSW has been mandated by the Government of the Kingdom of Lesotho (GOL) with the responsibility for maintaining a national laboratory system and providing decentralized and integrated laboratory services throughout the country. This responsibility is carried out by the Directorate of Laboratory services of the MOHSW.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Procurement and Grant Office (PGO) E-mail: email@example.com Phone: 770-488-2700
- Similar Government Grants
- • Provision of Expanded High Quality HIV/STIs Prevention, Care, and Treatment Services in Tr...
- • Strengthening HIV Strategic Information Activities in the Republic of Senegal under the Pr...
- • Supporting Implementation of HIV and TB Services for Epidemic Control in the Republic of M...
- • Advancing National Public Health Institutes Globally
- • To Support the Uganda Ministry of Health to Execute its Core Mandate for a Harmonized and ...
- • Expansion and Support of HIV/AIDS/STI/TB Information, Education, and Communication and Beh...
- • Increasing Access to HIV Counseling and Testing (VCT) and Enhancing HIV/AIDS Communication...
- • Cooperative Agreement for Global Capacity through Internation NGO Partnership
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2